Virtual Infrastructure System Administrator
This is a senior position on a Na Ali‘i IT and Communications services program open to experienced individuals. The ideal candidate will provide operational knowledge and support of Department of Defense (DoD) networks and systems and will maintain, install, update, and secure operating systems and applications for the Agency’s Virtual Machine Operating Environment.
Education & Experience
- Must have at least two years of experience managing Cisco UCS and MDS in a DoD environment.
- Must have at least three years of experience managing, supporting, patching, backing up and restoring VMWare vCenter & Horizon View environments within DoD.
- Must have experience securing systems and applications in accordance with Federal, DoD and HQ PACOM regulations, directives, policies and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Must have experience managing EMC DataDomain, Isilon, VNX San, and RPA Linux/UNIX in a DoD environment.
- Must have experience managing VMWare SRM, vCOPS and ESXi in a DoD environment.
- Must have experience managing Tintri storage.
- Must have experience supporting Host Based Security System (HBSS) agents.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must meet IAT I minimum qualifications (One required: A+ CE, CCNA+ Security, Network+ CE, or SSCP).
- Must have active “VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP – DCV) 6 (or later)” certification.
- Must have an Interim or Final Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Maintain, install, update, to include patching, and secure operating systems and applications for USPACOM’s Virtual Machine Operating Environment (VOE). The current environment includes the following components; however, components may be added or removed:
o VMware vCenter
o VMware SRM
o VMware vCOPS
o VMware View
o VMware ESXi
o Cisco UCS
o Cisco MDS
o EMC DataDomain
o EMC VNX SAN
o EMC Isilon
o EMC RPA
o Tintri Storage
- Maintain the security posture and Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance, in accordance with DoD and PACOM requirements, of all assigned systems and applications. Analyze processes, assigned systems and applications and make recommendations for improvements and automation.
- Ensure all VOE systems and applications are compliant with DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) requirements.
- Ensure that all VOE systems are included in the USPACOM Host Base Security System (HBSS) architecture and that all required HBSS components are installed and configured correctly.
- Review security and performance logs daily.
- Participate in technical exchange meetings, work groups, and workshops and make recommendations to the Government.
- Ensure that all assigned systems are being scanned in accordance with DoD guidance and the scan results are reviewed at least weekly.
- Backup and restore VOE systems and applications in accordance with DoD and USPACOM polices.
- Ensure adequate support is available during command exercises and command inspections.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com