Clearance Requirements: Must currently hold an active Secret level of security clearance. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
The IT Support Specialist will provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software for the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency at Pearl Harbor/Hickam in Hawaii.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Effectively and politely communicate with customers and understand their issues
- Provide first line support for any technical issues and problems in person, via phone, and electronically
- Triage, understand, and route issues to the correct resources, track requests and document resolutions
- Walk customers through troubleshooting procedures as well as train computer users
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals
- Run diagnostic applications to resolve problems
- Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved
- Install and test computers, printers, and other peripherals; configure operating system and application software programs
- Option to travel to the continental US to provide customer support less than 10% of time
Excellent communication, customer service and problem-solving skills. Multi-tasking, attention to detail and, and solid judgment.
Education and Experience: This position requires a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience. Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment. Experience in call tracking applications and customer service practices. Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support. This position requires a professional certification in compliance with 8570 IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP)
Certification Requirements: In accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II requirements, candidate must possess at least CompTIA Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate – Security (CCNA Security), CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), or other qualifying certifications. In addition, a Computer Environment (CE) certification such as Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) is highly desired.
Clearance: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org