Job Location: US-DC-Washington D.C.
Type: Full-Time Salaried
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.
We are recruiting a Senior Shared Services Specialist/Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support the Department of Defense (DoD), Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) in the transformation and enhancement of their shared services. WHS provides a wide range of enterprise shared services to DoD headquarters, Office of the Secretary of Defense, and DoD components. Their goal is to deliver an exceptional customer experience with greater performance and lower costs, enabling DoD agencies to fulfill their missions.
The candidate will work with senior level personnel across the organization and as part of a larger team to support WHS in the transformation to an enhanced shared services business model based on private sector best practices and fee for service. Our team will support WHS in driving enhanced accountability, efficiency, transparency and trust, performance improvement, customer experience, and phased transformation to Robotics Process Automation (RPA).
The Senior Shared Services Specialists will provide subject matter expertise in the planning and execution of the WHS shared service transformation including the transition of identified services to a Working Capital Fund environment. The role requires an organized, thoughtful change agent with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Provide senior level advisory services and expertise in shared services across the federal government and in industry.
- Lead and perform impact assessment of functional strategies across functional business areas to include Financial Management, Acquisition, Technology, Facilities, Human Resources, Security Management, Executive services, and Continuity of Operations.
- Lead and perform assessments of opportunities for reform within the WHS operating environment to include products, services, processes, structure and performance.
- Develop a comprehensive WHS Shared Services Transformation Plan from the legacy state to the objective industry standard shared services model.
- Develop performance goals to achieve a successful transformation to the new industry standard shared services model.
- Coordinate with team members, customers and stakeholders to ensure studies, plans and milestones are comprehensive and accurate.
- Serve as a Senior Liaison between the customer, management, stakeholders and the team to facilitate effective communication throughout the project(s) timeline.
- Provide guidance in the development of overarching goals, objectives, and priorities to support WHS strategic goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate possesses senior level expertise and experience in the development and implementation of shared services in the DoD. Specifically, the candidate is familiar with, and has experience with the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Expertise, experience and knowledge in the development and implementation of a shared services environment.
- Knowledge and experience in change management options and methodologies, and the ability to execute them.
- Ability to build high performing, nimble, and agile organizations through effective processes, shared support services and systems for enterprise operations.
- Experience in working with Senior Level personnel across DoD, other government agencies and industry.
- Ability to coach, motivate and promote collaboration.
- Excellent senior level verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated innovativeness and solution oriented in resolving a problem and/or establishing a program or organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure and to adapt quickly in a rapid, changing environment.
Experience and Education:
This position requires ten years of relevant professional experience. Experience working in or directly for the DoD is required. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Financial Management or other related degree from an accredited university or college.
The work to be performed under this contract may commence at on-site and offsite facilities. The Government may provide space to facilitate interactions and effective communication with stakeholders in the National Capital Region.
Employees will work in proximity with Government personnel. Core work hours are 0900 to 1500 Monday through Friday except holidays.
Employer 401(k) Contributions and Profit Sharing
20 Days PTO and 10 Paid Holidays
Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-
Term Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Plans
Annual Performance Bonuses
Tuition Assistance and Professional
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Access to a Financial Advisor
Transportation and Cell Phone Stipend
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org