We are recruiting for a Java Web Application Developer to provide Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) Business Systems Center (BSC) contractor support services to support the NAVSUP Transaction Item Report (TIR) system to explore and implement the engineering, quality assurance testing, integration testing, documentation, and maintenance of the NAVSUP TIR system and to provide enhanced Supply Logistics related capabilities across all Warfare Enterprises. Additionally, to provide contractor support services to engineer, enhance, maintain, and sustain the NAVSUP TIR functional and technical capabilities, and to provide continued worldwide fleet support working on-site for government client in Mechanicsburg, PA.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Taking initiative in an environment involving diverse sets of data, documents, and materials
- Applying experience with software development lifecycle phases (i.e., requirements analysis, design, implementation, and unit testing)
- Conducting business process modeling
- Working closely with clients to translate user requirements into a system requirement specification
- Supporting project teams and interface with clients. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project lifecycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions
- Participating on projects focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project lifecycle
- Working closely with the clients to understand their business processes and requirements, interpreting requirements, and designing best of breed solutions
- Experience delivering service-oriented architecture database solutions with best of breed products
- Capable of assessing, understanding and adapting new technology platforms rapidly
- Applies experience in developing Enterprise Content Management solutions
- Functions as a core developer
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
Excellent technical skills, organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, and problem-solving skills, problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable.
Knowledge and experience:
- Technical knowledge in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), DLMS X12 transaction formats and Extensible Markup Language (XML).
- Technical knowledge with MS Azure DevOps (formerly known as MS Team Foundation Server), Git, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Teams applications.
- Web Services, APIs, IBM MQ Series, Secure FTP Scripting
- EDI (ASC X12/DLMSO standards), XML, JSON
- Object Oriented Programming, Data Modeling, Secure Coding Practices, Web application development and environments
- Eclipse IDE, Oracle SQL Developer, Toad
- Oracle 12c/19c (SQL, PL/SQL programming, stored procedures, views, queries schemas, etc.).
The candidate must have experience or education working with the following technologies:
Position Certification Level: IAT-2
Required Baseline Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE
Suitable Substitutes for Baseline Certification:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security (CCNA-Security)
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
Education and Experience:
- Candidate must have five+ years experience of Java Web Application development.
- Working knowledge and experience with being an Agile Team Member in an Agile project.
- Experience with One Touch Support/Transaction Item Report (TIR) functionality is desired.
- Knowledge of Navy Supply processes, standards, and business processes is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science is desired.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass. Must be able to obtain a favorable National Security Agency Check (NACI) including a FBI fingerprint check.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain security clearance or currently hold a clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com