We are recruiting a Senior Business Consultant to support the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in leading a major initiative supporting the implementation, management, and monitoring of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020. HUD’s mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. Under the CARES Act, HUD’s Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH) received $2.235 billion in housing assistance for its Native American, Public Housing and Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Programs to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus. Our team will assist HUD in driving accountability, transparency and trust, performance improvement, and enhanced customer experience throughout the directorate and its customer base for the duration of the CARES Act program.
The Senior Business Consultant will be a leader and critical team player supporting CARES Act implementation. Our Senior Business Consultant will provide functional leadership and expertise primarily focused on training and technical assistance on the CARES Act as it relates to preventing, preparing for, and responding to COVID-19 emergencies. These efforts will greatly support Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs) and Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) to successfully deliver CARES Act funding in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements to individuals, families, and communities in need.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
- Collaborate with team members and provide input, analysis, and recommendations to support the development of twelve (12) virtual training classes (VTCs) and curriculum targeted across critical topics as they relate to preventing, preparing for, and responding to COVID-19 emergencies.
- Support the development of sixteen (16) tailored virtual training assistance (VTA) sessions for HUD PIH and PHA staff on the CARES Act and implementing regulations.
- Consult with HUD PIH and PHA stakeholders to propose and generate specific technical assistance and training material based off demand signals and feedback.
- Contribute to the development and production of live and recorded VTCs and VTAs to communicate complex topics in a comprehensive and clear manner to an audience exceeding over one thousand (1,000) participants.
- Lead and support the drafting and composition of the curriculum and transcript for each VTA and VTC for wide dissemination.
- Lead and support the scheduling, coordination, production, and action items associated with each VTC and VTA.
- Provide objective recommendations for knowledge management, content, communication strategies, and user experience for updating various HUD SharePoint sites and gaining efficiencies.
- Provide tactical and strategic planning, change management, and sustainability planning to HUD.
The ideal candidate has senior level expertise with a background in communications, along with strong business acumen and strategic awareness. The candidate understands the wider relevance of a project(s) and its intended contribution to the overall top-level transformation goals.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will be familiar with, and have experience with the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with orchestrating and leading training sessions for a large audience communicating complex topics.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Fast learner with an aptitude for providing instruction.
- Excellent client-facing and internal collaboration skills.
- Strategic thinker and planner, with excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in transformation initiatives that lead to major changes in organizations business process technology, platforms, and people.
- Experience in working with Senior Executives in the Government, preferably HUD.
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt quickly in a rapid, changing environment.
Education and Experience:
This position requires seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience working in or directly for HUD is strongly preferred. This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in finance, accounting, or business-related.
- B.A./B.S. Degree in a related field from an accredited university or college.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Ability to research issues from the field and provide suggested solutions.
- Ability to chair meetings with large numbers of stakeholders to obtain feedback.
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations and correspondence that is well designed and concise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Clearance: This position requires a current active Public Trust clearance or OPM approved investigation/clearance, including an FBI National Criminal History Fingerprint Check
The work to be performed under this contract may commence at on-site and offsite facilities. The Government may provide space to facilitate interactions and effective communication with stakeholders in the National Capital Region.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com