Position: Senior Defense Business System (DBS) Portfolio Manager
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.
Job ID 2019-1090
Type Full-Time Salaried
Location Mark Center or the Pentagon
Job Purpose: Na Ali’i is looking to hire a talented, self-motivated, and skilled Sr. Portfolio Manager (PfM) for technical analysis, integration, and advisory support. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and a passion for the latest technology market trends in cloud, big data and Internet of Things (IoT), cyber security, and leveraging proven PfM disciplines to enable leadership functional and organizational goals and increased decision making. The Sr. Portfolio Manager will support the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Chief Management Officer (CMO) CIO for Business Systems Team by working closely with Government Portfolio Leads to monitor business system programs and projects across the DoD Business Mission Area to identify gaps, prioritize investments for capabilities and innovation, and align programs and projects to budget exercises.
Job Duties Include:
- Serving as a technical liaison between Government Portfolio Leads, project teams, stakeholders, and functional process owners to achieve business system portfolio management goals and initiatives.
- Coordinating across DBS portfolio stakeholders to gather and execute operational technology needs and ensure solutions are delivered to meet the mission.
- Coordinating across all DBS portfolio strategic goals and objectives, conducting governance and process improvement.
- Supporting portfolio reviews and status reports as needed.
- Analyzing existing system infrastructure, hardware, software, data layers for opportunities to increase productivity and reduce redundancy across the DoD portfolio of business systems.
- Analyzing and providing assessments of existing DoD Architecture Framework 2.02 (DoDAF) Operational Viewpoint (OV) Models.
- Developing “future-state” systems architecture products in support of performance evaluations, and optimization of existing requirements and capabilities.
- Facilitating internal understanding of technical concepts through information sharing, and cross-team collaboration.
- Working in a fast-paced, highly flexible client and team environment providing quick turn-around technology and system analysis.
- Supporting other duties as assigned by your supervisor/ DoD client.
Skills/Qualifications: The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of seamless work as an individually or in a team environment, and able to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize large and complex systems data into digestible and informative graphics and written content.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will be familiar with, and have experience with the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong experience in quantitative analysis, IT portfolio management or a closely related field
- Knowledge and understanding of Title 10 U.S. Code (10 U.S.C) § 2222 (c) and DoD Instruction 5000.75 “Business Systems Requirements and Acquisition” and supporting acquisition policy and guidance.
- Knowledge of the DoD Business Mission Area and DoD Instruction 8115.01-02 “Information Technology Portfolio Management.”
- Knowledge and understanding of DoD Directive 7045.14 “The Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) Process.”
- Sufficient technical background to understand and advise for successful implementation of
- Knowledge of strategic planning and resource management processes
- Knowledge of business resources planning practices and cost analysis methodologies
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Energetic and independent self-starter who thrives with little direct supervision
- Diplomacy in dealing with others of all grade levels.
- Conversant in operational technology currently in use or in development within the DoD.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational and functional responsibilities within DoD and the IT/ Business System factors impacting the achievement of service requirements.
- Proficiency and aptitude in information system technologies and computer sciences.
- Proven ability to analyze current information systems and make enhancements to increase their effectiveness.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Science, Computer Engineering, business, MIS or a related field from an accredited institution. A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience is required. Experience working in or directly for the DoD is required. Portfolio Management Certifications such a Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)®, Program & Portfolio Management Advanced Certification (PPMC)®, or the Global Knowledge – Project Portfolio Management is highly valued for this position.
Work Location: Work is performed on government site at the Mark Center or the Pentagon, unless directed. Employees will work in close proximity with Government personnel. Core work hours are 0800 to 1700 Monday through Friday except holidays.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org