Position: Senior Business Process Engineer
Job Purpose: Leverage knowledge and experience in business process re-engineering and change management to support identification, development and implementation of enterprise business processes to better leverage advances in Navy Supply Chain Management.
Job Duties Include: The following duties reflect management’s definition of essential functions for this job but do not restrict the tasks that might be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Define, implement and maintain business processes and procedures to meet business objectives
• Lead NAVSUP SMEs through recognized business process analysis methods to assess supply chain initiatives
• Identify application and process functional gaps related to supply chain management.
• Evaluate proposed changes using analytical based decision making
• Business processes include fundamental supply functions such as order fulfillment, component repair, inventory management planning, master data management, forecasting and setting inventory allowance levels
• Work with stakeholders to identify business requirements, processes and risks
• Analyze and identify opportunities for business process improvements; develop, prioritize and lead execution of initiatives for continuous business process improvements
• Leverage best practices to conduct business process analysis, re-engineering, process measurements and change management activities
• Leverage knowledge of NAVSUP business systems to include Navy ERP, to recommend process improvements
• Evaluate current business processes and recommend solutions for improvements
• Develop and maintain best practices to meet changing business needs
• Provide technical advice on processing technology, capability, risks
• Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
Skills/Qualifications: Experience in a key analytical role on large and complex enterprise projects; ability to identify and consider business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment; demonstrated knowledge and project management experience to facilitate and communicate to multiple audience levels in both oral and written formats; demonstrated experience working in a matrix or team based organizational structure; self-motivated.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as well as 5-8 years of professional experience. Experience with process methodology, frameworks, development methodologies (Lean Six Sigma, Agile, SDLC, Iterative) is preferred. Additionally, Lean Six Sigma certification desired. Knowledge of Navy Supply Systems Command business processes and Navy ERP is highly desired.
Travel Required: The ideal candidate will be able to travel to various work locations within the same geographical area, however, there may be travel to other locations outside of the primary geographic location.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com