Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.
Job Purpose: We are recruiting a Senior Business Consultant to support the DoD Chief Management Officer (CMO). The candidate will lead a team to support business improvement and reform initiatives throughout the DoD. These initiatives will cover functional areas ranging from financial management, healthcare, and contract acquisition and procurement, to supply chain and logistics, information technology, real property, and human resources management. These functions are performed across DoD, yet multiple agencies spend billions of dollars to each individually build their own technology and service capabilities. The Office of the CMO is transforming the way DoD does business internally, to drive agencies to share investments in people, business processes and information technology. Our team supports development, execution, and tracking of business management reform while building on-going management structures and improving the quality and productivity of business operations.
Job Duties Include: The Senior Business Consultant is responsible for the administration of key client relationships, maintenance of task orders, and overall management of multiple project and team members. This portfolio of work has a strong project management office (PMO) focus on eliminating redundancies, increasing efficiency, and delivering more value and savings from the government’s acquisition programs. Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Direct and mentor a team of employees and sub-contractors to ensure client objectives are met.
- Manage the creation criteria and templates to establish project/opportunity standards and controls.
- Direct support and documentation for PMO business processes and internal controls, including those performed by other entities in support of the PMO. Makes applicable recommendations for improved processes and controls and assists with implementing and institutionalizing related policies, and procedures.
- Oversee tracking and reporting on metrics for all PMO projects throughout the organization and maintaining centralized accountability for management of the project portfolio.
- Work with senior management to provide strategic and tactical data driven insights on program/project planning, and execution.
- Create and maintain project plans that communicate tasks, milestone dates, resources, and project status.
- Ensure support to DoD client in various aspects of planning, programming, budgeting, and execution.
- Execute functional liaison roles between organization stakeholders and DOD reform personnel.
- Report discrepancies based on organizations’ obligation/program budget data, contracts data, and legacy data/submissions.
- Develop high visibility, leadership briefings for informational purposes and strategic decision making.
- Analyze opportunities to improve internal work flow and processes, distribution, forms and record keeping, span of control, and organizational structure.
- Evaluate contract acquisitions and procurement efforts across the DoD to eliminate redundancies, increase efficiency, and deliver more value and savings from the government’s acquisition programs.
- Support the development of implementation plans that include organizational framework(s), transition roadmap(s), engagement plans, and strategic communication plans.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing shared service offerings within the client organization and develop client relationships.
- Participate/Facilitate sessions/workshops with stakeholders to optimize business capabilities delivery.
- Identifying industry based common processes that enable use of shared services and commercial IT solutions and information requirements.
Skills/Qualifications: Critical thinking is a must. The ideal candidate is able to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize complex data into digestible and informative graphics and written content. A self-starter, capable of seamless work individually or in a team environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge with regards to DoD Planning, Programming and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) processes and systems, as well as the DoD 5000 series for future category strategy development
- Familiarity with all of DoD: Military Departments, DoD Fourth Estate Defense Agencies and Field Activities and OSD Staff Organizations (organizational structure, budgeting processes, DoD acquisition etc.)
- Familiarity with DoD 5000 series, specifically DoD Instruction 5000.74
- Proficient with facilitation and business process reengineering and improvement techniques and tools.
- Experience in supporting one or more common management service areas (Financial management, Healthcare, Acquisition and procurement, Supply chain and logistics, Information technology, Real property, or Human resources management)
- Experience with Federal Government/DoD Category management framework and contract consolidation or efficiencies efforts.
- Experience with delivering high-quality client service in a fast-paced, constantly changing team environment.
- Expert analytical, problem-solving skills, with experience with exercising high professional judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with a strong emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, finance, engineering or an equivalent related field as well as a minimum of 10 years of professional experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Work Location: Work is performed on government site at the Pentagon and/or the Mark Center, unless directed. Employees will work in close proximity with Government personnel. Core work hours are 0800 to 1700 Monday through Friday, except holidays.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com