Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen.
Will train developers on PeopleCode and PeopleSoft
The PeopleSoft Developer will provide technical development and system design skills. Support the design and creation of technical specifications from functional specifications for complex development projects, analyze the impact of vendor provided updates and upgrades to the system, and programming solutions using the PeopleTools suite. Support the development of test scenarios and test cases and correct data in critical situations as directed. They will be responsible for procuring, modifying, deploying, and sustaining the systems, subsystems, components or devices, which includes IT systems required to ensure mission success. This contract includes full lifecycle support for business analytics and data environment IT systems and components. This includes modernization and expanded use legacy systems and development and modernization of business analytics and enterprise data environment capabilities.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Working with customers to understand their business processes and requirements
- Translating requirements into technical solutions
- Building enterprise software services
- Resolving issues that arise during development
- Conducting unit and integration testing to ensure quality implementation
- Communicating project status to key stakeholders throughout entire development process
- Using best practices to test and deploy changes from staging to production environments.
- Requirements analysis and definition
- Functional design and development
- Technical design and development
- Product development activities in support of application enhancements and system problems (e.g. writing PeopleCode, building or altering PeopleSoft objects, creating/modifying component interfaces, modification and development of application engines, writing DMS and/or SQL statements, creating SQRs etc.)
- Unit testing and preparing detailed technical design documentation
- Conducting technical design walkthroughs, and acting as a peer reviewer for other system modifications
- Support the development activities that will include the full software development life cycle
- Support of application enhancements and system problems
- Analysis of Commercial off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Government off-the-Shelf (GOTS) software products and services
- Business Process Modeling
- Development/Modernization of existing and new IT software products
- Software code development; COTS software configuration; Integration; Data modeling and data migration, Testing and test support; Implementation/Deployment;
- Technical plans and studies
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze system requirements and functionality
- Develop technical design documentation
- Code and unit test solutions using all tools and coding languages related to the PeopleSoft FMS product.
- Participate in walkthroughs of technical designs.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
PeopleTools Suite, PeopleCode, PeopleSoft Objects, SQL or Oracle database experience and Federal HR processing experience. Excellent technical skills, organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, and problem solving skills, Problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer service oriented.
Education and Experience: BS in Computer Science Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or Mathematics. Candidate must have 4 or more years of demonstrated experience with information systems implementation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com