Job ID 2019-1049
Category Management Consulting
Type Full-Time Salaried
A Navy Systems Command is undergoing a multi-year initiative to account for all Operating Material and Supplies (OM&S) property to support achievement of Department of Defense and Department of Navy audit readiness goals and objectives and to ensure compliance with Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness auditability requirements. This Project Manager position is responsible for leading geographically dispersed contractor support teams that will be responsible for supporting the achievement of inventory accountability and auditability requirements by executing wall-to-wall (W2W) inventories and associated efforts to include coordinating required on-site visits, developing and promulgating metrics, processing material for disposal, and completing post-site visit actions, and support movement of material into centralized and controlled locations. The overall objective is to support achievement materiel accountability and auditability objectives. Since the client has facilities across the continental U.S., the candidate will be required to travel to the various locations, as necessary.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
- Leading regionally dispersed contract support teams in successful achievement of all contract performance work requirements. Ensuring products and services are completed in a timely fashion and consistent with client and corporate standards.
- Working closely with the client to ensure thorough understanding of contract requirements and client business processes. Ensure understanding across the project team.
- Performing client engagement to facilitate definition and execution of project scope, goals, and deliverables; determine project tasks and required resource requirements.
- Developing project plans, ensure successful project execution – on-time, within scope and budget.
- Managing project resource allocations. Attain financial objectives by forecasting requirements; prepares project budget, schedules expenditures, analyzes variances, and initiates corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Planning and scheduling project timelines; monitor and track project progress and deliverable accomplishment. Routinely monitor and report on project progress to client stakeholders and company leadership.
- Performing project team leadership responsibilities to include providing overall direction and support to project teams, setting work priorities, establishing team member performance objectives and assessing individual performance, providing mentoring and coaching, etc.
- Ensuring compliance with established corporate processes and procedures across the project team.
Experience/Education Requirements and Qualifications
The position requires a Bachelors or Master’s degree. 5-10 years’ experience in program/project management and change management processes. Project Management Professional and Lean Six Sigma certifications desired. Should possess knowledge of the Navy’s OM&S business processes and physical inventory procedures, and some familiarity with the Navy ERP material management and inventory management functional areas. Must be willing/able to travel to CONUS client locations as needed by the client and to ensure successful execution of project deliverables.
Military Installation Access
Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass. Must be able to obtain a favorable National Security Agency Check (NACI) including an FBI fingerprint check. Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Demonstrates ability to deliver excellence by taking personal accountability for achieving high quality outcomes. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments; and adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics – Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity; and upholds organizational values.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork – Is supportive of and collaborates effectively with co-workers to provide high quality outcomes in support of client requirements. Maintains high standards for professional conduct in dealing with co-workers and clients.
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com