Travel: 25% travel is required in support of this position in DC, NC and SC.
We need an experienced Network Architect/Engineer to support the Department of Defense (DOD); leading a team of engineers in the engineering, furnishing, installation, securing, testing, and modernization of BAN/LAN networks on several DoD installations.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Provide expert level technical leadership in networking for all infrastructure and network security projects.
- Assure the rigorous application of information security principles in the delivery of network services.
- Translate high-level business strategic objectives and goals into network technology requirements and conceptual designs
- Develop and support comprehensive network solutions that meet requirements and integrate into the overall enterprise network and security architecture
- Lead IT network infrastructure project design, reviews and ensure network architecture goals and requirements are met
- Support and collaborate on the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, and optimum performance of network infrastructure systems and solutions
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents
- Define standards, templates, procedures, and tools to provide highly reliable network systems operations.
- Establishes best practices through collaboration with IT teams across the enterprise and external partners.
- Lead complex infrastructure deployment and troubleshooting efforts
- Design, stage, configure, implement, secure, and support all network related equipment
- Design and implement network architecture, equipment, and software in accordance with DISA security STIGs
- Ensure network remains operational during migration with minimal downtime
- Troubleshoot and resolve any network related problems
- Develop and maintain documentation which will include but is not limited to Standard Operating Procedures and System Architecture Guides and Diagrams adhering to organizational templates, policies, and standards
- Establish and maintain metrics and program control mechanisms to track program progress as well as the current state of network architecture.
- 10 – 15 of years experience in Network Engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with networking and network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, DNS, DDNS, DHCP, Load Balancing, VXLAN, VPNs, IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, LISP, IP Multicast and MPLS.
- Experience with Policy Based Routing, Quality of Service, NetFlow, Wireless, virtual networks, Digital Network Architecture, ACI, NAT, ACL controls, IPv4 and IPv6.
- Experience with SDN, SD-WAN, SD-LAN products and services and working knowledge of structured cabling systems and network facilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with DWDM, GPON, LSTDM.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or in related field
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE Certification)
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) (preferred)
- PMP (preferred)
- Master’s degree in related field (preferred)
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass. Must be able to obtain a favorable National Security Agency Check (NACI) including a FBI fingerprint check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com