Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass. Must be able to obtain a favorable National Security Agency Check (NACI) including a FBI fingerprint check.
REMOTE: Currently remote during pandemic
We are recruiting for a .Net Software Developer to assume the responsibility for the design and implementation of Web-based applications including integration with existing SharePoint sites and other data sources such as Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle databases.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Taking initiative in an environment involving diverse sets of data, documents, and materials
- Applying experience with software development lifecycle phases (i.e., requirements analysis, design, implementation, and unit testing)
- Conducting business process modeling
- Working closely with clients to translate user requirements into a system requirement specification
- Supporting project teams and interface with clients. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project lifecycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions
- Participating on projects focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project lifecycle
- Working closely with the clients to understand their business processes and requirements, interpreting requirements and designing best of breed solutions
- Experience delivering service-oriented architecture database solutions with best of breed products
- Capable of assessing, understanding and adapting new technology platforms rapidly
- Applies experience in developing Enterprise Content Management solutions
- Functions as a core developer
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
Excellent technical skills, organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, and problem-solving skills, Problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science is required.
- Candidate will have two to five years .NET application and Web services development. DoDAF artifact development a plus.
- Experience with government and DoD environments is desired.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain security clearance or currently hold a clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen.
Travel: Travel will not occur regularly and will typically be less than 5% of time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org