We are recruiting a full-time salariied Mid-level Program and Management Analyst to support the Department of Defense (DoD), Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) in the transition and transformation of their service delivery model. WHS provides a wide range of enterprise shared services to DoD headquarters, Office of the Secretary of Defense, and DoD components. Their goal is to deliver an exceptional customer experience with greater performance and lower costs, enabling DoD agencies to fulfill their missions. The candidate will support Na Ali’i senior level Shared Services Senior Managers and Subject Matter Experts in the transformation to an enhanced shared services business model based on private sector best practices and fee for service. Our team will support WHS in driving enhanced accountability, efficiency, transparency and trust, performance improvement, customer experience, and phased transformation to Robotics Process Automation (RPA).
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The candidate will work within a team construct, but also individually to meet client requirements.
- Provide support and expertise in the development and implementation of shared services across an enterprise construct.
- Conduct and assist in the assessment of functional strategies across functional business areas to include Financial Management, Acquisition, Technology, Facilities, Human Resources, Security Management, Executive services, and Continuity of Operations.
- Assist in assessments of opportunities for reform within the WHS operating environment to include products, services, processes, structure and performance.
- Update the WHS Services Catalog (update/ develop service descriptions, process flows, bundling, pricing, performance standards, guarantees, etc.).
- Develop Service Level Agreements for WHS.
- Assist in developing a Transformation Communication Plan (customers, stakeholders, employees, feedback loops, etc.)
- Develop, collect and measure performance goals to achieve a successful transformation to the new industry standard shared services model.
- Coordinate with team members, customers and stakeholders to ensure studies, plans and milestones are comprehensive and accurate.
- Serve as a Liaison between customers, management, stakeholders and the team to facilitate effective communication throughout the project(s) timeline.
- Assist in the development of overarching goals, objectives, and priorities to support WHS strategic goals and objectives.
- Analyze opportunities to improve internal work flow and processes, distribution, forms and record keeping, span of control, staffing ratios, and organizational structure.
- Analyze and recommending improvement opportunities involving work processes and administrative procedures that are clerical, routine, and mostly straightforward and are common to several different organizations.
- Identify and communicate the impact of changes in mission or resources and recommending alternative courses of action and possible solutions to resolve management problems in areas such as systems, manpower utilization, productivity management, workflow, and paperwork management
- Build high-quality communications materials (briefs, memos, reports.)
- Support Business Case Analysis (BCA) development of agency efficiencies.
- Support the development of implementation plans that include organizational framework(s), transition roadmap(s), engagement plans, and change management plans.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing shared service offerings within the client organization and develop client relationships.
- Participate/ Facilitate sessions/workshops with stakeholders to optimize business capabilities delivery.
- Identify and document performance measures expressed in terms of objective and threshold values and relationship to industry benchmarks.
- Identify industry based common processes that enable use of shared services and commercial IT solutions and information requirements.
Critical thinking is a must. The ideal candidate can comprehend, analyze, and synthesize complex data into digestible and informative graphics and written content. Specifically, the candidate is familiar with, and has experience with the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Familiarity with DoD (organizational structure, budgeting processes, IT Acquisition, etc.)
- Proficient with facilitation and business process reengineering and improvement techniques and tools.
- Experience with the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Experience in supporting one or more core management service areas (Financial management, Healthcare, Acquisition and procurement, Supply chain and logistics, Information technology, Real property, or Human resources management)
- Experience with delivering high-quality client service in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Expert analytical, problem-solving skills, with experience with exercising high professional judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with a strong emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience in working in a shared services environment.
- Knowledge and experience in change management options and methodologies, and the ability to execute them.
- Ability to coach, motivate and promote collaboration.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure and to adapt quickly in a rapid, changing environment.
Experience and Education:
This position requires five years of relevant professional experience. Experience working in or directly for the DoD is required. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Financial Management or other related degree from an accredited university or college.
Employer 401(k) Contributions and Profit Sharing
20 Days PTO and 10 Paid Holidays
Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-
Term Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Plans
Annual Performance Bonuses
Tuition Assistance and Professional
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Access to a Financial Advisor
Transportation and Cell Phone Stipend
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org