Job Purpose: Responsible for conducting physical security and CBRN operations for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency’s mail screening mission.
Job Duties Include: The ideal candidate will be able to perform the below mentioned essential functions for this job. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Receive and inspect incoming United States Postal Service Mail and Commercial Carrier parcels for CBRN threats.
- Use and maintain a web-based tracking system for parcel accountability
- Assist security personnel with x-ray operations.
- Conduct explosives and contraband trace detection.
- Open and inspect mail and parcels for CBRN hazards following established guidelines, directives, and protocols; display a high level of alertness at all times.
- Communicate critical operational information to leadership personnel.
- Work effectively in a close team environment.
- Collect, package, and annotate biological samples for laboratory analysis.
- Maintain emergency response readiness; able to respond appropriately during emergency situations.
- Perform moderate to heavy physical exertion while standing or sitting at workstations for extended periods of time; ability to lift large, heavy objects repeatedly.
- Perform assigned cleaning and sanitizing duties.
Skills/Qualifications: CBRN and/or HAZMAT knowledge preferred, organizational and planning skills, excellent communication and problem solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, ability to work in a high stress environment, takes initiative and is adaptable.
Physical Requirements: In addition to the skills and qualifications mentioned above, candidates must, at a minimum, be able to meet the following physical requirements.
- Undergo an OSHA Respirator Medical Clearance examination and be determined physically capable of completing job requirements.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including OSHA Level C protective ensembles (compliant with 29 CFR 1910.132) for up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to wear a five pound Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) (compliant with 29 CFR 1910.134) for extended periods of time while conducting daily operations without risk of respiratory distress due to a prior medical condition.
- Working conditions require wearing Level C PPE and respiratory protection in hot and humid conditions (in excess of 78 degrees) and the physical working environment requires the use of stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry 45 pounds for 25 yards while wearing PPE.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions with the hands, wrists, and fingers.
- Ability to engage in and follow audible communications in an emergency situation.
Education and Experience: This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED as well as one (1) year of professional experience. Experience in or work for the U.S. military or a CBRN capacity is highly desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org