Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass. Must be able to obtain a favorable National Security Agency Check (NACI) including a FBI fingerprint check. Must be a U.S. citizen.
We are recruiting for a Java Software Developer to provide Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) Business Systems Center (BSC) contractor support services to support JAVA Development efforts. NAVSUP BSC requires technical support services to modernize systems and support the migration of the multiple systems to various platforms. Support services will include engineering, coding, integration testing, and documentation of change requests on-site for government client in Mechanicsburg, PA.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Duties include:
- Taking initiative in an environment involving diverse sets of data, documents, and materials
- Applying experience with software development lifecycle phases (i.e., requirements analysis, design, implementation, and unit testing)
- Conducting business process modeling
- Working closely with clients to translate user requirements into a system requirement specification
- Supporting project teams and interfacing with clients. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project lifecycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions
- Participating on projects focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project lifecycle
- Working closely with the clients to understand their business processes and requirements, interpreting requirements, and designing best of breed solutions
- Delivering service-oriented architecture solutions with best of breed products
- Assessing, comprehending, and adapting new technology platforms rapidly
- Applying experience in developing Enterprise Content Management solutions
- Functioning as a core developer by developing and maintaining software, creating automated unit tests, implementing, and supporting customer testing
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
Excellent technical skills, organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, and problem-solving skills, problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable.
The following are desirable qualifications/level of experience:
- 3 years of technical knowledge in the Navy supply processes; repairable processes and web-based applications; serial number/warranty tracking, scanner processes and UID programs
- 3 years of technical knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and business processes of DoD organizations
- Experience with Oracle Web Logic, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, MQ, Web Methods, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Maven, Junit and Mockito.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science is required. Degree may be substituted for 2 years of college and 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Candidate must have two to five years J2EE or JEE application and Web services development.
- Experience with government and DoD environments is desired.
Travel: Travel will not occur regularly and will typically be less than 5% of time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org