Job Purpose: The purpose of this position is to be a member of a contract support team to perform inventory audits and inspections. This position will ensure all required inventory information, data, and documentation is accurate and comprehensive. This initiative will optimize Navy NWCF inventory processes and increase inventory accountability and auditability in support of DoD and NAVSUP ongoing audit efforts.
Job Duties: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
• Perform on site physical inspections of inventory as directed by NAVSUP personnel, collect key documentation, information, data, and actions relevant to the execution of the NAVSUP inventory plan; consolidate and deliver individual site inspection results to NAVSUP WSS and Na Ali’i support team
• Conduct internal inventory testing and analysis to ensure adequate inventory controls and processes are in place
• Identify and document inventory deficiencies
• Assist with testing and analyzing the NWCF inventory control and deficiencies
• Assist in making recommendations to NAVSUP Inventory Operations Center (IOC) personnel on any improvements that could be made to improve inventory management and control practices
• Prepare and complete all required site visit documentation in accordance with applicable DoD guidelines
• Participate in and document Inventory Audit (IA) interviews
• Maintain user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
• Keep Na Ali`i team abreast of any issues of potential impact to achievement of client mission
Skills/Qualifications: Requires experience performing inventory audits. Must be self-motivated, have strong attention to detail, good oral and written communication skills. Computer and math competencies are mandatory for this position. Must be in good physical condition and have the ability to travel.
Education and Experience: This position desires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or years equivalent experience. The following are desirable levels of experience:
• 2 years of NAVSUP Supply Chain Process (desired)
Clearance Requirements: The candidate must be able to acquire and maintain a security clearance. Preference will be given to candidates that have previously possessed a DoD clearance or held a DoD CAC. Must be able to obtain a favorable National Security Agency Check (NACI) including a FBI fingerprint check.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass.
Travel Required: The ideal candidate will be able to travel to various work locations within the same geographical area, however, there may be travel to other locations outside of the primary geographic location.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org