Job Purpose: The Human Resources Generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, supporting the planning and administration of important functions within the company, including but not limited to hiring, training, development, compensation, and personnel administration. Provide direct and general support in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of Human Resources policies and procedures. Support the full employment lifecycle for employees in multiple locations to include onboarding, promotions, transfers, transitions, and separations. Perform the general tasks within the areas of personnel administration, training and development, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, and all other duties as assigned in support the of the Company’s Human Resources shared services team. Maintain HR administration and compliance records. Reports to the Human Capital Director as an integral member of the Human Resources team.
Job Duties Include:
- Assist in designing and improving overall HR processes and procedures.
- Organize, track, maintain, and improve HR records generation, administration, and retention.
- Participate in continuing process improvement procedures by recommending and implementing changes to HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with all statutory, regulatory, and company policy requirements.
- Create and modify HR documents and forms using Microsoft Office applications.
- Coordinate and conduct new hire onboarding. Provide new hire compliance and benefits enrollment, timekeeping, and other necessary support.
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
- Assist with the scheduling and conducting of new staff member orientation and annual open enrollment meetings.
- Setup, coordinate, and/or conduct other HR related staff meetings or training opportunities.
- Provide drafting and composition support for the development or revision of HR policies and procedures.
- Conduct employee outprocessing and terminations along with support of leadership team and Human Capital Director.
- Assist Human Capital Director with employee relations and employee documentation procedures as necessary.
- Conduct employment verifications and schedule personnel investigation appointments as necessary.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Coordinate and manage company all-hands meetings.
- Support the growth of the firm through business development, proposals, interviews, community involvement, and other activities that support organizational growth and development.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Coordinate, implement, and manage company’s tuition assistance and professional development program.
- Manage employee leaves covered under the Family Medical Leave Act
(FMLA), both intermittent and continuous, as well as Leaves of Absence. Handle paperwork completion, hours
monitoring, short-term/long-term disability claim payments (if applicable), donation of
leave, and return to work documentation.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart.
- Support Human Capital Director and other members of the leadership team as needed with multiple objectives under the corporate Strategic Plan
- All other duties as assigned by Human Capital Director and Leadership Team.
Skills/Qualifications: Familiarity with government contracting and related HR requirements. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis in Word, Excel, Outlook, and on-line search engines required. Previous experience with ADP and Deltek Costpoint is preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and competence in HR statutory and regulatory requirements and best practices. SHRM-CP or PHR desired.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or other discipline from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of four years of professional experience in human resources in the government contracting industry.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org