We are recruiting a full-time permanent a Project Manager to support the Housing and Urban Development (HUD), in leading a major initiative in support of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020. HUD’s mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. Under the CARES Act, HUDs Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH) received $2.235 billion in housing assistance for its Native American, Public Housing and Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Programs to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus.
The Project Manager will lead our team as we support PIH in the management, implementation, monitoring and oversight of CARES Act and associated activities to “prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus”. These efforts will greatly support Tribes, TDHEs and PHAs to successfully deliver CARES Act funding in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements to individuals, families, and communities in need.
Our team will assist HUD in driving enhanced accountability, transparency and trust, performance improvement, and enhanced customer experience throughout the directorate and its customer base for the duration of the CARES Act program.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
- Oversee all aspects of the development/implementation of the HUD CARES Act Project.
- Develop a detailed project plan and monitor and track progress.
- Maintain financial schedule to ensure project stays within budget.
- Lead team in the overall implementation of a Program Management Plan, Financial Management Plan, Workforce/Staffing Plan, and Customer-Facing Deliverables.
- Provide performance interpretation, predictive analysis, and risk mitigation support.
- Provide HUD functional subject matter expertise to support business problems within and/or across functional housing project teams.
- Coordinate internal resources for the execution of the project.
- Meet with clients and team to validate and clarify specific requirements of each sub project and project.
- Provide guidance in the development of overarching goals, objectives, and priorities to support HUD’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic planning, change management and sustainability planning to HUD
The ideal candidate has senior level expertise and experience in Program/Project Management and possesses strong business acumen and strategic awareness. The candidate understands the wider relevance of a project(s) and its intended contribution to the overall top-level transformation goals.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will be familiar with, and have experience with the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience leading a contractor team in the successful delivery of a complex contract or task order to include managing financials and burn plans; managing staffing (interviewing, hiring and supervising employees); building strong client relationships; and overseeing subcontractors.
- Experience managing a portfolio of complex projects or initiatives to include developing an automated tracking tool, establishing governance structures, and creating performance measures.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead a newly formed team to perform quickly and deliver results.
- Ability to manage and coordinate the work of multiple project teams with diverse functional roles, while maintaining a focus on the “big picture” and overall objectives of the project.
- Experience in transformation initiatives that lead to major changes in organizations business process technology, platform, and people.
- Experience in working with Senior Level personnel across DoD, other government agencies and industry (preferably HUD).
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt quickly in a rapid, changing environment.
Education and Experience:
This position requires eight years of senior level relevant professional experience and three years of complex project management. Experience working in or directly for HUD is strongly preferred. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Financial Management, Business Administration, or other related degree from an accredited university or college. PMP certification is preferred.
Clearance: This position requires U.S. citizenship and the ability to pass an FBI background check successfully.
The work to be performed under this contract may commence at on-site and offsite facilities. The Government may provide space to facilitate interactions and effective communication with stakeholders in the National Capital Region.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org