Clearance Requirements: This position requires a SECRET Security Clearance.
Provides Systems Administration Support, with a concentration on virtualization technology. Primarily responsible for VMware and Citrix technology in a Windows Server 2012/2016 and Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud environment.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
- Serves as System Administrator in support of virtual technology.
- Responsible for server and application virtualization on NIPR networks. Lead implementation, design, development and maintenance of VMware datacenters and Citrix XenApp farm.
- VMware vSphere management, including provisioning VM clones and templates, creation of VMFS datastores, and physical server consolidation.
- Citrix XenApp management, including deployment of highly available virtual application services for remote access users, in remote locations, world-wide.
- Responsible for building, optimizing, and management of Windows 2012/2016 servers in a VMware and AWS GovCloud environment.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting assistance. Complete software and hardware updates/upgrades. Hardware support to include hardware refresh and network configurations.
- Responsible for system security hardening per DoD Security and Technical Implementation Guidelines and providing required security documentation.
- Supports IAVA patching requirements for servers and systems under management.
- Develop and maintain system/application documentation, to include Standard Operating Procedures.
- Interfaces with multiple levels of users to include VIPs, Management, and end users.
- Assists with weekly and monthly reporting on administration and maintenance activities.
OS and Applications:
- Experience with Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Experience with VMware 6.x.
- Experience with Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with design and development of high availability virtual platforms.
- In-depth performance monitoring of virtual system(s).
- Must excel at system documentation, to include in-depth system configuration, topology and development of standard operating procedures.
- Must excel at communicating with world-wide support team; this includes providing basic VMware / Citrix management and/or maintenance hands-on training to team members.
- Self-Motivated and Self-Monitoring, Exceptional Oral and Written Communications, Technical Communication, Problem Solving, and ability for Multi-tasking.
Education and Experience:
- VMware Certified Professional
- CompTIA Security+ CE and a Windows Server OS official training are minimum requirements for this position.
- Citrix Certified Professional is a plus
- Red Hat Certified Professional is a plus
- AWS Certification is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com