Clearance: This position requires a current Secret clearance. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Working with Information Technology staff and executive leadership teams to solve organizational business and IT problems by analyzing requirements and staff resources available and developing and managing multiple interdependent small-scale project plans restricted mostly by staff availability; accurately reporting timelines, resource availability, restrictions, blockers and progress; working in a tasking-based DoD environment, communicating to ensure leadership understands resource availability and constraints while creating clear paths forward.
Following is a definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned given shifts in customer priorities.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects, where projects are defined as inbound priorities requiring IT staff resource execution to be accomplished. Projects are typically multi-week or month with 1 to 4 shared IT staff resources who are shared across multiple projects
- As new projects are assigned, facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables and define project tasks and resource requirements
- Involve relevant stakeholders in developing these project plans by facilitating meetings to capture scope, staff restrictions, and priorities
- Using MS Project, develop and manage multiple, interdependent short-term project plans and ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Plan and schedule project timelines, monitor and track progress and deliverables
- Report progress by completion and, importantly, by staff allocations across projects; where staff availability is the limiting factor
- Make recommendations to customer leadership on project and resource priorities to effect overall projects schedules based on staff allocation, progress, interruptions, blockers or other factors
Skills/Qualifications: Requirements Analysis, Planning, Self-Motivated, Presenting Technical Information, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Ad Hoc Reporting, Exceptional Oral and Written Communications.
Education and Experience: Must have Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and be an expert using Microsoft Project. Position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of five years of professional experience or comparable work experience in lieu of a degree.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org