Clearance Requirements: Must currently hold an active TS/SCI level of security clearance. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Responsible for performing tasks to ensure applications, systems, and networks satisfy cybersecurity requirements. This includes planning, implementing and maintaining controls to ensuring the availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation of computers, applications, systems and networks for the customer.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management, and/or the customer, may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons.
- Serve as focal point for information assurance findings.
- Plan, implement and maintain information assurance activities and controls.
- Perform an assessment of applications and environments to determine the activities needed to meet Department of Defense (DoD) cybersecurity requirements.
- Remediate system findings across client networks in accordance with United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), DoD guidance, and industry best practices.
- Develop a plan for the required task activities to meet cybersecurity requirements.
- Assess, plan, implement, and maintain controls needed to maintain certified and accredited systems in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and current industry regulations and standards.
- Analyze systems, networks and applications to identify vulnerabilities, reducing opportunities for breaches and resolving past incidents.
- Ensure project team personnel know and understand issues and tasks related to cybersecurity requirements.
- Establish DoD and NIST compliant administrative, operational, technical, and environmental safeguards to protect systems and data to facilitate the confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation of government information.
- Ensure that applications and environments comply with all appropriate DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), National Security Agency (NSA) guides, and all applicable DoD and accepted industry policies.
- Support system security testing, audits, and generation of remediation and mitigation plans.
- Ensure all categories of sensitive information, including Personally Identifiable Information (PII), are secured and in compliance with all cybersecurity controls.
- Ensure required cybersecurity training, certification, and tracking requirements are current.
- Provide sufficient policies, processes, and resources available to support, develop, and maintain an incident response program.
- Provide support to all security environments and furnish anti-virus solutions.
- Remediate systems across multiple networks.
- Perform risk analysis on assigned computer systems and applications for network lifecycle and manage communications with customers.
- Host Based Security System (HBSS),
- Endpoint Security (ENS),
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise (VSE),
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS),
- and other McAfee products.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information and Computer Science (ICS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Cybersecurity or a related technical field from an accredited institution is highly preferred.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience preferred.
- Experience with cloud-based systems, the implementation of security overlays, and the preparation of authority to connect (ATC) and authority to operate (ATO) documentation is highly desirable.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux experience is highly desirable.
Certification Requirements: This position requires a professional certification in compliance with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II which may include CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+), CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or CompTIA Security+.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org