Location: Wahiawa, HI
Number of Positions: 2
Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. Citizen. This position requires a minimum of an active Secret security clearance.
Job Purpose: Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software to our staff and system users. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solution.
Job Duties Include:
- Provide first line support for any technical issues and problems and follow up with solutions.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Provide technical knowledge required for engineering, integrating, deploying, and installing A/V systems, including familiarity with foundation technologies, networking, server, operating systems, and terminology.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically with occasional on-call/after-hours support.
- Install, maintain, and repair voice, data, VTC, and wireless communication systems.
- Support development and updates to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Author and update training manuals, stay current with systems, changes and updates.
- Test, locate, and repair equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and perform routine maintenance.
- Triage issues, understand and route issues to the correct resources, track requests and document resolutions.
- Walk customers through troubleshooting procedures as well as train computer users.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals Run diagnostic applications to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Manage, schedule, and conduct VTC for the agency.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Provide technical support during and after normal business hours to include Government activities such as emergency response exercises and hurricane and tsunami relief exercises.
- Travel to Pōhakuloa Training Area, located on the Island of Hawaii, up to two times a year to assist with technical problems which may include working hours within and outside normal business hours.
- Migrate and backup data between user account profiles on networked computer systems, database, and file share servers with zero loss of customer data.
Skills/Qualifications: Organizational and planning skills, exceptional oral and written communication, customer service and problem analysis/solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer service oriented, self-motivated and self-monitoring, and capable of multi-tasking.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass (successful pass of background check).
Education and Experience: This position requires at least (3) three years’ experience providing help desk/IT customer support. Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment. Experience in call tracking applications and customer service practices. Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support. Bachelor’s degree preferred. The ability to obtain a Sec+ ce is a minimum requirement certification for this environment.
Travel: At times, this position may require up to 10% travel between the islands of Oahu and Hawaii to technically support DPW and U.S. Army Garrison locations.
- Customer Service – Manages challenging and/or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org