We are looking for a Functional Analyst II to provide functional expertise in PeopleSoft HCM with a focus on the Global Payroll module; work with end users to understand requirements and document functional design solutions that are in line with business needs while staying consistent with the application architecture; test customizations and configurations to ensure requirements have been met; assist in training users in the proper way to use the system. Begin coaching and developing Functional Analyst I team
Job Duties Include: Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Analyze user needs to determine functional, cross-functional, technical, and security requirements; Contribute to the development, review, and maintenance of contract deliverables and project documentation; Communicate effectively both written and verbally with team members, customers, and stakeholders; Work with customers, users and project leads in analyzing, designing, implementing and supporting HR, Payroll and Payroll Accounting business applications and systems.
- Serve as primary author of various technical and functional documents and project deliverables (e.g., Functional Designs, Business Process Maps, Test Plans and Scripts, User Training Guides, Functional Requirements, system configuration documents, etc.)
- Develop agendas, status reports, document and distribute meeting minutes, track action items and risks, and facilitate meetings
- Write test plans, create test scripts, execute tests and document test results
- Coordinate user acceptance testing and other user testing efforts by business users
- Perform business process analysis and offer recommendations for customization versus configuration
- Interact with business customers (internal and external) to understand and document their business processes and requirements
- Work with development team to design and implement system modifications
- Effectively contribute to technical discussions
- Develop strong relationships with business users in all HR, Payroll and Payroll Accounting functional areas
- Successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Participate in design planning, reviews, and retrospectives and provide constructive feedback to the team
- Work on cross functional projects with groups such as HR, Payroll, Recruiting, Finance, etc.
- Coaching and developing Functional Analyst I team members
- Begin leading small teams comprised of Functional Analysts, Business Analysts, Testing, and Technical Developers
Skills/Qualifications: Requirements Analysis, Planning, Database Management, Self-Motivated, Presenting Technical Information, Problem Solving, Data Modeling, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Ad Hoc Reporting, Data Maintenance, Exceptional Oral and Written Communication Skills.
Clearance: Must be U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain security clearance or currently hold a clearance.
Education and Experience: This position prefers a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent relevant business experience. The successful candidate will have between 2 and 4 years of professional experience. Experience in or work for the U.S. military or Department of Defense is also highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will also have experience with the following:
- PeopleSoft HCM Modules
- Interacting with business users directly to collect requirements, create requirements documents, and functional specification documents for system improvements
- Working closely with technical teams to translate functional specifications into technical solutions
Job ID 2019-1015
Category Software Development/Testing
Type Full-Time Salaried
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com