Clearance: This position requires an active Secret Clearance. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
We are looking for a Financial Auditor to join our team of talented consultants providing professional services (to include accounting, budgeting, cost analysis, systems analysis, manpower analysis, fiscal policy, program analysis, administrative support, audit readiness, and training) to the Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) G8. The mission of the CECOM G8 is to provide optimal and responsive Resource Management solutions that support the integration and sustainment of C5ISR readiness for the Army. Our Financial Auditors support this mission by working with the Audit Compliance and Policy Office to identify specific knowledge and process gaps within business processes, controls, systems, and substantive evidence impeding financial statement auditability; develop corresponding recommendations and best practices; and implement solutions such as training, learning events, one-on-one training as needed.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Conduct Command-wide testing to identify areas where CECOM is contributing to an impediment to the army’s financial statement auditability and prioritize the impediments based on material impact to proper financial statement presentation
- Evaluate, measure and validate the effectiveness of the delivered training/learning solutions(s) to ensure the successful accomplishment of goals, objectives, and projected return-on-investment
- Review the audit readiness repository and develop an accurate snapshot of the Command’s progress towards auditability and individual impediments to auditability
- Support development of a comprehensive transformational Implementation Plan that will serve as the guiding document used to execute the Army’s Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) initiative
- Coordinate A-123/ERM activities with strategic planning and review
- Extensive experience within DoD financial management (4 years) required.
- Federal financial management/ DoD 8570.01-m IAM Level II or IAT Level III Certified, Experience in performing audit readiness services within the Department of Defense, Knowledgeable with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB), Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), internal control over financial reporting (ICOFR), OMB Circular A-123, GAO Green Book, DoD Financial Management Regulations, and DoD and Army organizational structures is desired.
- Familiarity with pertinent Office of Management and Budget (OMB) policies and federal financial management system requirements, Army policies, systems and procedures for personnel, acquisition, inventory, property and material management, familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business related degree required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com