We are recruiting a Deputy Project Manager (PM) to support the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in leading a major initiative supporting the implementation, management, and monitoring of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020. HUD’s mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. Under the CARES Act, HUD’s Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH) received $2.235 billion in housing assistance for its Native American, Public Housing and Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Programs to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus. Our team will assist HUD in driving accountability, transparency and trust, performance improvement, and enhanced customer experience throughout the directorate and its customer base for the duration of the CARES Act program.
The Deputy PM will be a critical team player supporting CARES Act implementation. Our Deputy PM will provide functional leadership and expertise across numerous tasks areas. These efforts will greatly support Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs) and Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) to successfully deliver CARES Act funding in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements to individuals, families, and communities in need.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
- Lead a team to create an implementation plan and roadmap to guide the Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) in the rapid creation of a Remote Video Inspections (RVI) initiative to ensure the remote quality of assurance reviews, disaster assessments, and inspector training.
- Develop a Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) to achieve REAC’s RVI initiative under a condensed timeline.
- Spearhead the development of RVI training, technical assistance, troubleshooting, and best practices for quality assurance reviews, disaster assessments, and related inspector training.
- Establish the framework, standard operating procedures (SOPs), checklists, and quality control mechanisms to support REAC’s RVI initiative.
- Supervise a team providing analytical, technical support, and communication functions to support the implementation of the REAC RVI initiative.
- In coordination with the Project Manager (PM), oversee all aspects of the service delivery of the HUD CARES Act Project across five task areas comprised of complex and time-sensitive deliverables.
- Monitors and controls a detailed project management plan, quality control plan, and quality management plan.
- Maintains a financial schedule to ensure the project stays within budget.
- Provide performance interpretation, predictive analysis, and risk mitigation support.
- Provide HUD functional subject matter expertise to support business problems within and/or across functional housing project teams.
- Provides guidance in the development of overarching goals, objectives, and priorities to support HUD’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic planning, change management, and sustainability planning to HUD.
The ideal candidate has senior level expertise and experience in Program/Project Management and possesses strong business acumen and strategic awareness. The candidate understands the wider relevance of a project(s) and its intended contribution to the overall top-level transformation goals.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will be familiar with, and have experience with the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience leading a contractor team in the successful delivery of a complex contract or task order to include managing financials and burn plans; managing staffing (interviewing, hiring and supervising employees); building strong client relationships; and overseeing subcontractors.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strategic thinker and planner, with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead a newly formed team to perform quickly and deliver results.
- Ability to manage and coordinate the work of multiple project teams with diverse functional roles, while maintaining a focus on the “big picture” and overall objectives of the project.
- Experience in transformation initiatives that lead to major changes in organizations business process technology, platforms, and people.
- Experience in working with Senior Executives in the Government, preferably HUD.
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt quickly in a rapid, changing environment.
Education and Experience:
This position requires seven (7) years of relevant professional experience. Experience working in or directly for HUD is strongly preferred. This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college. PMP certification is highly desired.
- B.A./B.S. Degree in a related field from an accredited university or college.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Ability to research issues from the field and provide suggested solutions.
- Ability to chair meetings with large numbers of stakeholders to obtain feedback.
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations that are well designed and concise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Clearance: This position requires a current active Public Trust clearance or an OPM approved investigation/clearance, including an FBI National Criminal History Fingerprint Check. Must be a U.S. citizen.
The work to be performed under this contract may commence at on-site and offsite facilities. The Government may provide space to facilitate interactions and effective communication with stakeholders in the National Capital Region.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org