Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.
Job ID 2019-1091
Category Management Consulting
Type Full-Time Salaried
Locations Pentagon and/or the Mark Center
Job Purpose: We are looking to hire a Communications Consultant to support the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Chief Management Officer (CMO) CIO for Business Systems Team. The candidate will work with subject matter experts to design and deliver highly effective communications and change management products to help our clients transform the DoD workforce by 1) Increasing Stakeholder “Awareness” and 2) Increasing Stakeholder “Support” for the initiatives being implemented by the CIO for Business Systems. The ideal candidate will leverage his/her strategic communications knowledge to lead, plan, and manage complex communications activities for shaping, planning, delivering, and monitoring transformation efforts in across the Defense Business System (DBS) Portfolio.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Duties include:
- Developing an internal and external CIO for DBS communications implementation plan and execution strategy. Additionally, managing their tactical implementation, and measuring and reporting on the results of communications activities.
- Developing, producing, and evaluating communications products and materials – such as press releases, communications plans, newsletters, leadership talking points, factsheets, social media content, FAQs, stakeholder briefs, storyboards, infographics, and blog posts.
- Coordinating with clients to conceptualize and design branding, marketing, events, social media, awards, public relations, media relations, product development (e.g., annual report, project profiles, fact sheets), website, video, internal communications, and campaigns as required.
- Updating existing communication materials to improve the overall effectiveness and quality of the strategic intent.
- Administering and maintaining a communications library to maximize the reuse of basic communication products.
- Taking end-to-end responsibility for project quality and execution of client deliverables.
- Building high-quality communications material (briefs, memos, plans, and reports.)
- Identifying, gathering, and organizing narrative and statistical information using established methods, techniques, and precedents, such as questionnaires, interviews, extracting data from authoritative sources, and comparison of past and present information.
- Training team members and government clients to use and create communications products and templates.
- Creating, editing, and proofing documentations and presentations to accurately reflect content.
Skills/Qualifications: Critical thinking is a must. The ideal candidate is able to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize complex data into digestible communication products and written content. A self-starter, capable of seamless work individually or in a team environment.
- Experience with a range of writing styles and voices, including fact sheets, social media, press releases, and campaigns.
- Experience using digital outreach and other media channels to engage stakeholders
- Experience with media relations
- Experience with compelling storytelling
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in working with the DoD
- Experience with working in a DoD Public Affairs Office (PAO) is highly valued.
- Experience with creating visual content, including event photography and video editing
- Experience with change management or social marketing.
- Experience in design, including working with graphics designers to bring campaigns to life.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Marketing, English, Public Affairs or an equivalent related field as well as a minimum of 4-6 years of professional experience.
Work Location: Work is performed on government site at the Pentagon and/or the Mark Center, unless directed. Employees will work in close proximity with Government personnel. Core work hours are 0800 to 1700 Monday through Friday except holidays.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org