Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
We are seeking an Acquisition Management / Contracting Specialists to support a Federal Executive Department in the National Capital Region.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Works closely with senior analysts, subject matter experts (Contracting Officer Representatives, Program Managers and program offices) in conducting both pre-and post-award contracting activities. Assists with development of acquisition packages/documents (Requests for Proposals, Statements of Work/Performance Work Statements, Independent Government Cost Estimates, Justification and Approvals, Source Selection Evaluation Plan, Market Research, etc.); review of these documents for quality, clarity, and adherence to applicable regulations (Federal Acquisition Regulation, Department regulations, etc.) and recommendation of revisions.
- Provides advice and recommendations for all elements in acquisition plans, including approaches, options, strategies, risks, contracting methods, competition) sources, cost estimates, milestone schedules, etc.
- Conducts research of available suppliers and compare the services and costs of obtaining support from the different providers.
- Independently develops written acquisition plans and other related documentation for review and signature by the responsible government contracting officer.
- Provides guidance to contracting staff on conducting market research to identify potential sources and contract vehicles.
- Prepares written documentation for market research. Supports program offices in documenting small business capability analysis.
- Works with evaluators and government contracting officer to identify pre-negotiation objectives and assist with discussions with offerors. Supports preparation of final contract award documents for signature by the contracting officer and Contracting Officer Representative designation letters.
- Develops and/or train contracting specialists in the performance of all pre-award contracting functions that require the use of fixed-price (primarily), cost-reimbursement, or a combination of contract methods and types to procure large, highly complex/high dollar projects, programs, or services where little or no contractual precedent exists.
- Reviews pre-solicitation procurement documents and works with technical teams to review contract type, terms, execution risk, and development/approval of Government cost estimates
- Assists government contract specialist/contracting officers by updating and maintaining official contract files.
- Prepares correspondence or documentation for signature, distribute those actions to the appropriate offices for action, track and provide the status to the contracting officer/ Contracting Officer Representative.
- Ensures appropriate funding and required waivers, certifications, approvals and compliance have been obtained for purchase requests.
- Assists the contracting officer with contract audit recommendations in a timely manner, while fully protecting the government’s interest.
- Prepares evaluation documents for the contracting officer from responses to solicitations, including price reasonableness, adequacy of competition, and the compliance with solicitations.
- Assists the contracting officer with price negotiation documents, to include, but not limited to, prices, terms, and conditions.
- Prepares for the contracting officer award documents, consistent with established award factors and technical board evaluations.
- Administering contracts by assuring compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts, including resolution of problems concerning the obligations of the parties.
- Prepare close-out documents to close contracts which encompass review of project officer’s certification.
Education and Experience
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, acquisition management, accounting, business administration, economics, or finance.
- At least 2 years within the past 10 years hands-on work as a contract specialist / contracting officer on federal government contracts, particularly in services and construction/facilities contracting. Requires experience in:
- Pre-award contracting functions and artifact development supporting solicitations.
- Experience with awards, negotiations, and review of post-award contracting artifacts and deliverables.
- Experience with fixed-price, cost-reimbursement, or a combination of contracting methods.
- Experience conducting negotiations during the procurement process; experience performing post-award functions and price/cost analysis
- Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting Program or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Level II or III Certification in Contracting or equivalent preferable.
- Must possess experience in federal acquisition methods and techniques and understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations and government procurement policies. Knowledge of the legislation, regulations, and methods used in contracting; and knowledge of business and industry practices, sources of supply, cost factors, and requirements characteristics required.
- Knowledge of federal methods and techniques for Grants and Cooperative Agreements preferable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, timely, and customer service oriented.
- Skills in managing and prioritizing multiple assignments with strict deadlines and ability to coordinate efforts among many offices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written). Expertise in preparing/presenting information/data via oral briefing(s) and/or by written reports.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com