We are recruiting a Change Management Consultant to support the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in leading a major initiative supporting the implementation, management, and monitoring of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020. HUD’s mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. Under the CARES Act, HUD’s Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH) received $2.235 billion in housing assistance for its Native American, Public Housing and Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Programs to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus. Our team will assist HUD in driving accountability, transparency and trust, performance improvement, and enhanced customer experience throughout the directorate and its customer base for the duration of the CARES Act program.
The Change Management Consultant will be a leader and critical team player supporting CARES Act implementation. Our Change Management Consultant will provide functional leadership and expertise primarily focused on future state and sustainability plans. These efforts will greatly support Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs) and Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) to successfully deliver CARES Act funding in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements to individuals, families, and communities in need.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
- Analyze existing business processes and propose recommendations and solutions to gain efficiencies and automate manual processes.
- Support the drafting, composition, and development of five (5) Return to Operations Plans that capture how PIH’s Program Offices will resume operations following an emergency.
- Conduct numerous remote audio and visual interviews with key stakeholders from PHA staff across the United States to identify lessons learned and capture how PHAs maintained operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Contribute and collaborate with team members to develop a Future State/Stability Plan that focuses on PIH’s processes, governance, technology, information, and organizational structure to support the delivery of HUD programs.
- Contribute and collaborate with team members to develop a Virtual Operations Change Management Plan to: identify improvements, articulate business value, prepare a roadmap, develop a communication strategy, monitor progress, and continuously apply process improvement.
- Directly support the drafting, composition, and development of a Handbook for Maintaining PHA Operations focused on the tenets of policies, procedures, and expectations which will support PIH drive the sustainability of operations during an anticipated or unknown emergency.
- Directly support the drafting, composition, and development of four (4) comprehensive Office of Grants Management and Office of Grants Evaluation manuals with processes, notices, guidance, model letters, and links to resources.
- Provide tactical and strategic planning, change management, and sustainability planning to HUD.
The ideal candidate has expertise and experience in change management and possesses strong business acumen and strategic awareness. The candidate understands the wider relevance of a project(s) and its intended contribution to the overall top-level transformation goals.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will be familiar with, and have experience with the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with change management and business process reengineering.
- Process-oriented and operationally-focused with an aptitude to optimize procedures and systems.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strategic thinker and planner, with excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in transformation initiatives that lead to major changes in organizations business process technology, platforms, and people.
- Experience in working with Senior Executives in the Government, preferably HUD.
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt quickly in a rapid, changing environment.
Education and Experience:
This position requires five years of relevant professional experience. Experience working in or directly for HUD is strongly desired. This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- B.A./B.S. Degree in a related field from an accredited university or college.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Ability to research issues from the field and provide suggested solutions.
- Ability to chair meetings with large numbers of stakeholders to obtain feedback.
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations and correspondence that is well designed and concise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Clearance: This position requires a current active Public Trust clearance or OPM approved investigation/clearance, including an FBI National Criminal History Fingerprint Check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com