Job Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist in leading a contract support team which will advise, analyze and provide recommendations for process improvement to support NAVSUP WSS. This initiative will optimize Navy NWCF inventory processes and increase inventory accountability and auditability in support of DoD and NAVSUP ongoing audit efforts. To be successful the Business Process Engineer must have experience supporting NAVSUP Supply Chain.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
• Conduct internal inventory testing and analysis to ensure adequate inventory controls and processes are in place
• Identify and document inventory deficiencies
• Recommend modifications to NAVSUP Inventory Operations Center (IOC) personnel to improve inventory management and control practices
• Interact with stakeholders to identify business requirements, processes and risks including code variances
• Prepare and complete all required site visit documentation in accordance with applicable DoD guidelines
• Coordinate and participate in and document Inventory Audit (IA) interviews
• Leverage knowledge of NAVSUP supply chain to recommend process improvements
• Oversee and assist with testing and analyzing the NWCF inventory control, deficiencies, and develop remediation plans for improvement
• Using best practices document, analyze, and streamline functions executed across WSS, to improve productivity, quality, and effective
• Document information and data flow requirements; identify opportunities to standardize definitions, processes, procedures and metrics across NAVSUP/WSS Maritime and Aviation Supply Management inventory control processes
• Identify and document process and functional gaps; make recommendations for improved performance related to NAVSUP Supply Chain
• Evaluate proposed changes using analytical based decision making
• Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
• Develop a transition support plan with knowledge transfer at phase out
Skills/Qualifications: Requires experience in a key analytical role on large and complex enterprise projects. Must be able to identify and consider business implications with the application of technology to the current business environment. Demonstrates knowledge and project experience to facilitate and communicate to multiple audience levels in both oral and written formats. Must be self-motivated and have experience leading and working in a matrix or team based organizational structure.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or 5 years equivalent experience. Candidates must have have previously possessed a DoD clearance or held a DoD CAC to be considered. The following are desirable levels of experience:
• 3 years of NAVSUP Supply Chain Process (highly desired)
Clearance Requirements: The candidate must be able to acquire and maintain a security clearance. Preference will be given to candidates that have previously possessed a DoD clearance or held a DoD CAC. Must be able to obtain a favorable National Security Agency Check (NACI) including a FBI fingerprint check.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org