Job Purpose: We are looking to hire a Business Consultant to support the DoD Chief Management Officer (CMO). The candidate will support business improvement initiatives throughout the DoD. Common management service areas like financial management, healthcare, acquisition and procurement, supply chain and logistics, information technology, real property and human resources management are performed across DoD, yet multiple agencies spend billions of dollars to each individually build their own technology and service capabilities. The Office of the CMO is transforming the way DoD does business internally, to drive agencies to share investments in people, business processes and technology. Our team supports development, execution, and tracking of business management reform while building on-going management structures and improving the quality and productivity of business operations.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The candidate will work within a team construct, but also individually to meet client requirements.
- Identifying, gathering and organizing narrative and statistical information using established methods, techniques, and precedents, such as questionnaires, interviews, extracting data from authoritative sources, and comparison of past and present information.
- Assessing information management systems, human capital, administrative support, and financial and budget resources.
- Analyzing opportunities to improve internal work flow and processes, distribution, forms and record keeping, span
of control, staffing ratios, and organizational structure.
- Analyzing and recommending improvement opportunities involving work processes and administrative
procedures that are clerical, routine, and mostly straightforward and are common to several different organizations.
- Identifying and communicating the impact of changes in mission or resources and recommending alternative courses of action and possible solutions to resolve management problems in areas such as systems, manpower utilization, productivity management, workflow, and paperwork management
- Building high-quality communications materials (briefs, memos, reports.)
- Supporting Business Case Analysis (BCA) development of agency efficiencies.
- Supporting the development of implementation plans that include organizational framework(s), transition roadmap(s), engagement plans, and change management plans.
- Identifying opportunities for enhancing shared service offerings within the client organization and develop client relationships.
- Participating/ Facilitating sessions/workshops with stakeholders to optimize business capabilities delivery.
- Identifying and Documenting performance measures expressed in terms of objective and threshold values and relationship to industry benchmarks.
- Identifying industry based common processes that enable use of shared services and commercial IT solutions and information requirements.
Skills/Qualifications: Critical thinking is a must. The ideal candidate is able to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize complex data into digestible and informative graphics and written content. A self-starter, capable of seamless work as an individually or in a team environment.
- Familiarity with DoD (organizational structure, budgeting processes, IT Acquisition, etc.)
- Proficient with facilitation and business process reengineering and improvement techniques and tools.
- Experience with the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Experience in supporting one or more common management service areas (Financial management, Healthcare, Acquisition and procurement, Supply chain and logistics, Information technology, Real property, or Human resources management)
- Experience with delivering high-quality client service in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Expert analytical, problem-solving skills, with experience with exercising high professional judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with a strong emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, finance, engineering or an equivalent related field as well as a minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience.
Work Location: Work is performed on government site at the Pentagon and/or the Mark Center, unless directed. Employees will work in close proximity with Government personnel. Core work hours are 0800 to 1700 Monday through Friday except holidays.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org