Position: Business Analyst / Travel Coordinator
Job Purpose: The purpose of this position is to be a member of a contract support team to advise, analyze and provide recommendations for process improvement to support NAVSUP WSS. This initiative will optimize Navy NWCF inventory processes and increase inventory accountability and auditability in support of DoD and NAVSUP ongoing audit efforts.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does
not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
- Perform overall coordination and management of travel requirements for inventory audit located in multiple geographic locations including gathering, assessing, and executing finalizing reservations
- Manage, monitor, and report travel expenditures, ensuring accurate and judicious use of resources in support of client travel requirements
- Assist in making recommendations to project manager for improving NAVSUP Inventory Operations Center (IOC) processes
- Identify, document, and propose process changes to improve efficiencies
- Document and execute customer requirements, discuss potential solutions, identify risks, etc.
- Prepare and complete all required site visit documentation in accordance with applicable DoD guidelines
- Participate in and document Inventory Audit (IA) interviews
- Assist with testing and analyzing the NWCF inventory control, deficiencies, and develop remediation plans for improvement
- Identify and document process and functional gaps as well as opportunities for improved performance related to NAVSUP Supply Chain
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- · Assist in developing a transition support plan including knowledge transfer at phase out
- Keep leadership abreast of project execution, requirements exceeding defined scope of work, and risks to timelines or deliverables
Skills/Qualifications: Requires analysis, planning, and database management skills. Must be self-motivated, able to present technical information, problem solve, multi-task, also possess exceptional oral and written communication
skills. Experience working in a matrix or team based organizational structure is required.
Education and Experience: This position desires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or 3 years equivalent experience. The following are desirable levels of experience:
- 3 years of executive administrative support
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass. Must be able to obtain a favorable National Security Agency Check (NACI) including a FBI fingerprint check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org