Position: Building Maintenance Technician
Job Purpose: Under general supervision, perform work in facilities repair and maintenance. The Building Maintenance Technician performs a wide variety of general and preventive maintenance and repair work. The maintenance technician will be working with a team of facility maintenance personnel and may also be responsible for performing additional duties not stipulated below.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Performs minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs as necessary
- Monitors building management systems (e.g. building automated controls network and lighting) to ensure working conditions are maintained in office and laboratory areas
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures for building assets and systems
- Performs maintenance of the water feature and related systems
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service
- Performs inspections to identify maintenance deficiencies
- Documents work performed on appropriate service, repair, and inspection reports or records.
- Monitors specialized maintenance vendors, e.g. elevator and fire systems, to correct, repair or prevent deficiencies
- Identifies supplies, equipment, and other items needed to support facility maintenance and repair; reorders as normal stocked inventories require replenishment
- Assist in landscaping maintenance and custodial services (as required)
- Assist with special projects as assigned
Skills/Qualifications: Proven experience as a maintenance technician. Basic understanding of construction, electrical, plumbing and carpentry skills. Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods. Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills. Working knowledge of tools, machinery, and equipment; safety precautions to be observed in related work. Operate and use a broad spectrum of tools and equipment skillfully and safely perform heavy physical labor; read and comprehend plans and blueprints. Able to follow oral and written instructions; maintain cooperative working relationships; work amicably within a team, and in a professional manner. Able to demonstrate sensitivity to and respect for a diverse population.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Candidate must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass.
Clearance Requirements: The selected candidate must have or be able to obtain a secret clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED , preferably supplemented by completion of a union, private (in-house), military, or trade school apprenticeship program that includes theory and on-the-job work.
License or certificate: This classification requires the use of a personal or company vehicle while conducting company business. Must possess a valid (Class A) Hawaii driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. Ability to complete the following trainings as required: forklift operation certification, lock out tag out, fall arrest, confined space, safety data sheets, asbestos and lead identification, ladder safety, emergency evacuation, in-house OSHA and respirator training.
Special requirements: Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades. Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical hazards.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com