Part Time – 100% Remote
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree with focus in science, engineering, data analytics, mathematics, computer science, statistics, econometrics, or social science-organizational-operations research
- Proficiency in R Shiny is critical, experience in other languages such as Python a bonus.
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience, with ideally 1-2 years working in the R ecosystem and designing R Shiny apps or dashboards.
- Familiarity with visualizing data using plotly/ggplotly, d3.js, or similar software
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML is good to have
- Experience working with real-world data, including extracting it from production databases like Oracle and SQL Server and cleaning it to create analytically tractable data sets
- Familiarity with software development methodologies like Agile, including issue/workflow tracking tools like Jira and version control tools like git and GitHub
- Demonstrated success as an individual contributor within a broader team, eager to collaborate (often virtually), based on project and other circumstances
- Comfort with dealing with ambiguity, making assumptions, and drawing conclusions
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects, and to work effectively under pressure and with shifting priorities
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of our data science team. The team is a collection of over analysts, EPA scientists, and data scientists. Bright, driven colleagues with varied backgrounds focused on driving insight and action around key strategic goals.
The team works in a highly collaborative environment, utilizes cutting edge analytics, publishing and collaboration technology, and partners with other teams within the organization to deliver meaningful innovation in people analytics. It is a superb environment, known for the quality of its people and the scope to develop and learn advanced analytics and software development skills.
What You’ll Do
You will work in the R ecosystem and utilize R Shiny extensively to provide a web based self-service tools to clients via the RStudio Connect sharing platform.
In this role you will work closely with other data analysts, data scientists, and EPA scientists to analyze data and deliver analytics and insight. You will advise EPA scientists on R Shiny analytics. You will develop fluency in EPA and combine this with your analytical knowledge to help translate business questions into rigorous analysis and reporting dashboards and interactive products.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com