We are recruiting for Full-Time Permanent Software Tester who will ensure that the overall software and documentation delivered to multiple clients have been adequately tested and meet quality and compliance standards. The Software Tester will also assume responsibility for performing analysis and testing activities in support of design, development, and implementation of software application and systems.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Work closely with Na Ali’i teammates and clients to translate user requirements into a system requirement specification
- Translate acceptance criteria into test cases and combine test cases into test plans.
- Coordinate execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in test logs or defect tracking systems.
- Develop test designs and provides documentation support of all applicable client, agency, or industry standards within timelines and budgets.
- Support project teams and interface with clients. These activities include the definition of user stories; acceptance criteria; test cases; documenting and tracking test execution results; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions
- Work with customers to understand their business processes and requirements.
- Translate requirements into technical solutions in PeopleSoft HCM, Global Payroll, Global Absences, PeopleSoft Time and Labor, and PeopleSoft General Ledger.
- Conduct unit and integration testing to ensure quality implementation.
- Communicate project status to key stakeholders throughout entire development process.
- Use best practices to test and deploy changes from staging environments to production
- Ensure delivery of code and systems meet performance, operational readiness and other non-functional requirements
- Execute test cases/activities, analyze, report, track defects and report test execution reports and metrics
- Communicate testing status and escalate risks/issues to management throughout entire development process
Project delivery will periodically require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Excellent technical skills, organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, and problem-solving skills, Problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer service oriented. The following skills are desired for this position:
- A thorough knowledge of the Iterative development methodology including Agile Scrum methods
- Demonstrated experience testing PeopleSoft software
- Agile testing experience supporting multiple scrum teams and meeting the timelines and deliverables
- Proficient with Automation testing and performance testing concepts and tools
- Proficient in investigating and debugging infrastructure and application issues
- Experience working with APIs and webservices
- Proficient in JIRA for requirements and defects management
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent relevant business experience. The successful candidate will have between 2 and 4 years of professional experience. Experience in or work for the U.S. military or Department of Defense is also highly desirable.
Clearance: Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance or currently hold a clearance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org