We are recruiting a Senior Business Consultant to support the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in leading a major initiative supporting the implementation, management, and monitoring of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020. HUD’s mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. Under the CARES Act, HUD’s Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH) received $2.235 billion in housing assistance for its Native American, Public Housing and Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Programs to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus. Our team will assist HUD in driving accountability, transparency and trust, performance improvement, and enhanced customer experience throughout the directorate and its customer base for the duration of the CARES Act program.
The Senior Business Consultant will be a leader and critical team player supporting CARES Act implementation. Our Senior Business Consultant will provide functional leadership and expertise primarily focused on oversight and monitoring reviews for Public Housing Agencies (PHAs). These efforts will greatly support Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs) and Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) to successfully deliver CARES Act funding in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements to individuals, families, and communities in need.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
- Provide input and support the development of a strategic plan, roadmap, and methodology to test and assess compliance for thirty (30) Tribes and TDHEs CARES Act funding recipients to determine compliance.
- Develop a Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) to achieve PHA’s oversight and monitoring reviews initiatives under a condensed timeline.
- Spearhead the development of testing criteria for reviewing the compliance/performance of high-risk CARES Act funding recipients.
- Establish the framework, standard operating procedures (SOPs), checklists, and quality control mechanisms to support PHA’s reviews and assessing compliance with the criteria, and issuing a finding for non-compliance.
- Conduct numerous remote audio and visual interviews with key stakeholders to carry out assessments.
- Generate formal compliance reports based off interviews and assessments.
- Supervise a team providing analytical, technical support, and communication functions to support the implementation of the PHA’s oversight and monitoring reviews initiatives.
- Provide reviews and recommendations on policy development related to CARES Act expenses
- Provides guidance in the development of overarching goals, objectives, and priorities to support HUD’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic planning, change management, and sustainability planning to HUD.
The ideal candidate has senior level expertise and experience in financial oversight, monitoring, and compliance, and possesses strong business acumen and strategic awareness. The candidate understands the wider relevance of a project(s) and its intended contribution to the overall top-level transformation goals.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will be familiar with, and have experience with the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with orchestrating and leading reviews, auditing samples, and assessing vast amounts of financial data and documentation to ascertain compliance.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strategic thinker and planner, with excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in transformation initiatives that lead to major changes in organizations business process technology, platforms, and people.
- Experience in working with Senior Executives in the Government, preferably HUD.
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt quickly in a rapid, changing environment.
Education and Experience:
This position requires seven (7) years of relevant professional experience. Experience working in or directly for HUD is strongly preferred. This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in finance, accounting, or business-related.
- B.A./B.S. Degree in a related field from an accredited university or college.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Ability to research issues from the field and provide suggested solutions.
- Ability to chair meetings with large numbers of stakeholders to obtain feedback.
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations and correspondence that is well designed and concise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Clearance: This position requires a current active Public Trust clearance or an OPM approved investigation/clearance, including an FBI National Criminal History Fingerprint Check. Must be a U.S. citizen.
The work to be performed under this contract may commence at on-site and offsite facilities. The Government may provide space to facilitate interactions and effective communication with stakeholders in the National Capital Region.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org