Clearance: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen.
We are recruiting a Senior Ship Maintenance Operational Transformation Analyst to support execution of the Naval Sustainment System – Shipyard (NSS-S) Initiative at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard (PNSY). The objective of the NSS-S initiative is to improve overall public shipyard performance by increasing throughput, reducing ship maintenance costs, and shortened durations for ship maintenance availabilities to increase operational availability and deliver readiness to Fleet Commanders.
- Executing team member responsible for operational transformation of shipyard functions at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard (PNSY).
- Supporting transformation on the “waterfront”. Role will be a mixture of assisting the shipyard team in removing roadblocks to task execution.
- Ideally has experience with program management, lean, and data analysis.
- Applies process improvement and reengineering methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization projects.
- Activity and data modeling, developing modern business methods, identifying best practices, and creating and assessing performance measurements.
- Provides group facilitation, interviewing, training, and provides additional forms of knowledge transfer.
- Setting-up tracking and scheduling tools to provide visibility and accountability to job burndown.
- Support improvement to waterfront and inside shop production by assessing major performance drivers, and potential solutions for delay, work stoppage, and rework at the deckplate worker level and develop a set of initiatives to address.
- Support improvements to planning, schedule development and execution, resource management and maintenance.
- Support improvements to material management organization, process, and performance.
- Support efforts to reduce delays or increase reliability through improvements to engineering organization and processes.
- Assess and improve execution of existing project management structure, execution priority management, and processes to reduce delays.
- Prepare routine correspondence, reports, and briefings; and prepare/deliver actionable information in presentations appropriate for senior-level managers.
- Follow project management discipline and methodology to achieve sustainable results.
- Ideally has shipyard experience as a Zone Manager, APS, Trouble Desk engineer, or scheduler.
- Ideally, team member should have 8+ years of experience with ship repair and understand best in class practices to implement with the Navy.
- Candidate should possess ability to focus and drive execution and job completion.
- Exercises substantial autonomy in the day-to-day planning and management of work requirements. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality. Works collaboratively and exercises solid judgement in decision-making.
- Excellent program management, organizational and planning skills. Effective communication and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated capabilities in researching, collecting, and synthesizing large and complex datasets or databases and possess strong quantitative ability and a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Takes initiative and exercises personal accountability for achieving high quality outcomes. Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments; and adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Supportive of and collaborates effectively with co-workers to provide high quality outcomes in support of client requirements.
- High standards for professional conduct in dealing with co-workers and clients.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or related business discipline or an equivalent related field from an accredited institution required.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in ship maintenance and repair and supporting management and production systems.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation or within a government facility. Candidate must be able to qualify for and maintain a Common Access Card.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com