Position: Service Desk Technician
Job Purpose: Provide on-site customer service and Information Technology (IT) support.
Job Duties Include: The ideal candidate will be able to perform the below mentioned essential functions for this job. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Provide tier one technical, operations, and training support to users’ computers by telephone or on- site for desktop hardware and software packages.
• Install and test computers/laptops, printers, and other peripherals; configure operating system and applications software programs; to include routine maintenance and patching.
• Troubleshoot and resolve Windows systems and server configuration and integration errors and issues or refer documented troubleshooting to specific area support sections.
• Assist with rollout and sustainment of Windows 10.
• Manage and maintain the organization’s Avaya Private Branch Exchange (PBX) and Voicemail system including the deployment and support of telephone and voicemail.
• Provide technical and software support to customers throughout global enterprise.
• Coordinate in-process procedures for new users; monitor daily network status and maintain trouble tickets in Agency accepted ticketing system; currently BMC Remedy.
• Create, assign, and resolve incident tickets on a daily basis.
• Troubleshoot and resolve TCP/IP networking issues within the agency.
• Support weekly and monthly reporting on tickets and resolutions with regard to on-time completion rates and high fault areas noted for customer improvements and training needs.
• Develop new SOPs and knowledge base entries.
• Create customer service accounts in Active Directory and Active Roles and Services.
• Provide technical assistance and training to customers.
• Install and troubleshoot system-wide software throughout enterprise deployment.
• Assist with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) management and patching.
• Manage laptops and desktops for the organization.
• Assist with encryption for mobile devices utilizing Win 10.
• Travel to various locations supporting customer IT needs at conferences.
• OS and Applications:
o Experience with Windows 10 operating system.
o Experience using Windows SCCM.
o Experience with VMware 6.x.
o Experiences with Microsoft Exchange in a Windows Server 2008/2012 Environment.
o Microsoft SCCM and Citrix experience desired.
Other Skills/Qualifications: Proficient at system documentation, to include system configuration, topology and development of standard operating procedures. Must excel at communicating with world-wide support team and be able to articulate problems and troubleshooting techniques. Self-motivated and self-monitoring, exceptional oral and written communications, technical communication, problem solving, and ability for multi-tasking.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active TOP SECRET SCI Security Clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (or relevant experience to substitute) as well as a minimum of four years of relevant professional experience or seven years total experience in Help/Service Desk Support Operations. CompTIA Security+ ce is minimum requirement for this position. Ability to follow best practices of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) preferred, certification desired.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org