Job Purpose: The Senior Recruiter will have both strategic, tactical, and administrative responsibilities, supporting the talent acquisition initiatives. The Senior Recruiter will be a team focused individual with excellent communication and organizational skills and will be the initial point of contact for hiring managers to understand their talent acquisition needs. The ideal candidate will have experience with developing sourcing strategies to leverage diverse high caliber candidates and to streamline and improve efficiencies within an active and fast-paced recruiting process. Responsible for effectively and efficiently performing all related activities for the sourcing, recruiting, screening, interviewing, and hiring of internal and external candidates. In partnership with hiring managers, sources, selects, interviews, recommends and processes the placement of candidates for exempt and non-exempt positions. The Senior Recruiter must understand sourcing strategies, relationship management, hiring trends, succession planning, and industry recruiting benchmarks. This position reports to the Human Capital Director as an integral member of the Human Resources team. This position is based in our office in Arlington, Virginia.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support the Human Capital Director in designing and improving the talent acquisition strategy for the Family of Companies
- Effectively lead recruiters and assume responsibility for overseeing the sourcing and recruiting of candidates to fill job orders and maintain ongoing relationship with assigned clients and all associated stakeholders
- Maintain a recruiting dashboard that tracks important recruiting metrics to monitor the health and status of our recruiting efforts
- Serve as counsel to senior leaders and engagement leads on talent acquisition matters
- Manages the pre and post-offer recruitment process to secure key hires
- Determine applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications
- Source, screen, and contact high value candidates by phone and email
- Proactively search for candidates using technologies and tools (e.g. social media, niche web sites, and fee-based databases)
- Ensures adherence to all federal, state and local regulations as well as company policies and procedures regarding the employment process
- Act as a primary point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience, and aptitudes
- Post openings with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues
- Use independent judgment and interviewing skills foundation to select and place contract candidates on contract assignments
- Develop a pipeline of recruiting sources to include professional organizations, local colleges/universities, and others
- Maintain a strong awareness of the market and recruiting trends
- Collaborate with corporate leadership to achieve goals and recommend ways to innovate and improve the recruitment process
- Pipeline activities for “hard to fill” roles
- Monitor requisition status to ensure an efficient recruitment process
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive recruiting
- Identify difficult job vacancies and investigates the best recruitment approach for them
- Maintain high ethical standards and confidentiality
- Participates in continuous process improvements for talent acquisition and the company via measurement tools, scorecards, and recruitment metrics
- Stays abreast of industry trends and SME within specific business lines of recruitment
- Consistently serve as a positive ambassador for the company’s culture in all interactions
- All other duties as assigned by Human Capital Director and Leadership Team
Skills/Qualifications: To be eligible for this position, it is preferred that the candidate have at least 5 years of related federal government contracting recruiting experience, to include specific experience in technical recruiting. Must have a strong understanding of EEOC recruiting requirements and guidelines for government contractors. Experience with the iCIMS Applicant Tracking System and ADP Workforce Now strongly desired. Strong technical skills and experience with social media recruiting are preferred. Experience recruiting for SCA and CBA positions desired. Self-Motivated and Self-Monitoring, Exceptional Oral and Written Communications, Detail Oriented.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or another related field from an accredited institution is required. SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR preferred.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com