Locations US-WA-Keyport | US-FL-Jacksonville | US-VA-Norfolk | US-CA-San Diego
Job ID 2019-1050
Category Management Consulting
Type Full-Time Salaried
Position Description: A Navy Systems Command is undergoing a multi-year initiative to account for all Operating Material and Supplies (OM&S) property to support achievement of Department of Defense and Department of Navy audit readiness goals and objectives and to ensure compliance with Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness auditability requirements. This Senior OM&S Subject Matter Expert (SME) position is responsible for leading two geographically dispersed contractor support teams that will be responsible for supporting the achievement of inventory accountability and auditability requirements by executing wall-to-wall (W2W) inventories at client locations. The east coast or west coast candidate will lead two teams of Inventory Specialists to gather, track, and process material and records, reporting on quantities of on-hand materials, and updating the Navy’s system with accurate inventory data. The Senior OM&S SME will also assist the client in identifying material that needs to be moved to the new location, prepare the material for movement, verify identification of the material, move the material, and conduct wall to wall inventories to ensure the material and processes are auditable. The position requires significant knowledge of the Navy’s OM&S business processes, physical inventory procedures, and the Navy ERP material management and inventory management functional areas. Since the client has facilities across the continental US, the candidate will be required to travel extensively to the various locations within their designated locations.
Primary Responsibilities: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
- Leading two regionally dispersed contract support teams in successful achievement of all contract performance work requirements. Ensuring products and services are completed in a timely fashion and consistent with client and corporate standards.
- Providing subject matter expertise for Navy OM&S business processes, inventory procedures, and Navy ERP functional requirements for material management and warehouse management. Provide team/individual training on these topics, as necessary.
- Working closely with the client to ensure thorough understanding of contract requirements and client business processes. Ensure understanding across the project team.
- Performing client engagement to facilitate execution of project deliverables.
- Supporting the Project Manager in developing project plans, ensure successful project execution – on-time, within scope and budget.
- Supporting the Project Manager in planning/scheduling project timelines; monitor and track project progress and deliverable accomplishment. Routinely monitor and report on project progress to project manager and client stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Supporting the Project Manager in providing direction and support to project teams and setting work priorities. Support the Project Manager establishing team member performance objectives and assessing individual performance, providing mentoring and coaching, etc.
- Ensuring compliance with established corporate processes and procedures across the contract teams under the purview of the Senior OM&S SME.
Experience/Education Requirements and Qualifications: The position requires:
- BA or BS degree.
- 5+ years of experience/functional expertise in Navy ERP warehouse management/material management.
- 5-10 years of experience in Navy Logistics and physical inventory policies, processes, and procedures, including managing Sponsor Owned Material or OM&S.
- Ability to conduct accurate inventories and research the causes of inventory discrepancies.
- Knowledge of Material Accounting Policy, and SECNAV INSTRUCTION 4440.33.
- Knowledge of the DoD FMR Volume 4, Chapter 4, and DON Federal Financial Management Improvement Act (FFMIA) Statement of Assurance.
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting of OM&S and General Equipment.
- Prior experience performing and documenting annual physical inventories of OM&S.
- Must be willing/able to travel to CONUS locations as needed by the client and to ensure successful execution of project deliverables.
Military Installation Access: Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass. Must be able to obtain a favorable National Security Agency Check (NACI) including an FBI fingerprint check. Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Demonstrates ability to deliver excellence by taking personal accountability for achieving high quality outcomes. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments; and adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics – Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity; and upholds organizational values.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork – Is supportive of and collaborates effectively with co-workers to provide high quality outcomes in support of client requirements. Maintains high standards for professional conduct in dealing with co-workers and clients.
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com