Type: Full-Time Salaried
We are looking to hire a Presentation Specialist to support the DoD Chief Management Officer (CMO). The candidate will work with subject matter experts to design and deliver highly effective visual information displays through the use of PowerPoint and other information presentation mediums to aid in the overall presentation of business improvement and reform initiatives throughout the DoD. Common management service areas range from financial management, healthcare, and contract acquisition and procurement, to supply chain and logistics, information technology, real property and human resources management. These functions are performed across DoD, yet multiple agencies spend billions of dollars to each individually build their own technology and service capabilities. The Office of the CMO is transforming the way DoD does business internally, to drive agencies to share investments in people, business processes and Information Technology. Our team supports development, execution, and tracking of business management reform while building on-going management structures and improving the quality and productivity of business operations.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Duties include:
- Providing creative and highly effective Microsoft PowerPoint presentation designs.
- Coordinating with clients to conceptualize and design information presentations.
- Creating and incorporating charts, graphs, processes and other visual aids in PowerPoint and other Microsoft related products.
- Updating existing information presentations to improve the overall effectiveness and quality of the strategic intent.
- Administering and maintaining a graphics library to maximize the reuse of basic design skills.
- Taking end-to-end responsibility for project quality and execution of client deliverables.
- Building high-quality communications material (briefs, memos, plans, and reports.)Identifying, gathering, and organizing narrative and statistical information using established methods, techniques, and precedents, such as questionnaires, interviews, extracting data from authoritative sources, and comparison of past and present information.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of presentation development, including constructing templates, use of multiple masters, color themes, diagramming, working with a wide variety of file formats, optimizing media and creating presentations for use across a broad range of delivery platforms (print, laptop, mobile).
- Creating, editing, and proofing documentations and presentations to accurately reflect content. Creating, editing, and proofing documentations and presentations to accurately reflect content.
- Qualified Candidates will be required to provide a strong portfolio showcasing high-end presentation design skills and a clean design aesthetic across the following categories of information display: Strategic/Long Range Planning, Process Explanation, Three-Dimension Information Display (e.g. Time, Money, Risk)
Skills/Qualifications: Critical thinking is a must. The ideal candidate is able to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize complex data into digestible and informative graphics and written content. A self-starter, capable of seamless work individually or in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with a strong emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with all of DoD: Military Departments, DoD Fourth Estate Defense Agencies and Field Activities and OSD Staff Organizations (organizational structure, budgeting processes, DoD acquisition etc.)
- Demonstrated experience understanding the business needs of clients that positively impact performance.
- Apply analytical skills to review source material, develop content, and ensure usability.
- Ability to learn quickly and handle multiple projects in a complex environment.
- Experience with delivering high-quality client service in a fast-paced, constantly changing team environment.
- Expert analytical, problem-solving skills, with experience with exercising high professional judgment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Microsoft Certification as a Power Point Specialist is valued.
- Experience using other information data/ information software’s such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Prezi is encouraged.
Education and Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, Computer Science, Information Design & Strategy or an equivalent related field as well as a minimum of 2-5 years of professional experience.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.
Work Location: Work is performed on government site at the Pentagon and/or the Mark Center, unless directed. Employees will work in close proximity with Government personnel. Core work hours are 0800 to 1700 Monday through Friday except holidays.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com