Location: Aberdeen, MD
Clearance: This position requires an active Secret Clearance. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Position: Army G8 Project Manager
Job Purpose: The Army G8 Project Manager (PM) will oversee delivery of a team of talented consultants providing professional services (to include accounting, budgeting, cost analysis, systems analysis, manpower analysis, fiscal policy, program analysis, administrative support, audit readiness, and training) to the Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) G8. The mission of the CECOM G8 is to provide optimal and responsive Resource Management solutions that support the integration and sustainment of C5ISR readiness for the Army. Our team will complete special projects such as setting up training programs, conducting special studies and building decision briefings with recommendations and courses of action, and defining, developing and documenting financial processes. Additionally it will continue to mature the organization’s expertise utilizing the General Funds Enterprise Business System (GFEBS), Logistics Modernization Program (LMP), and Global Combat Support System –Army (GCSS-Army) as new releases, upgrades and patches to the system continue to occur on a quarterly basis.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Develop and manage manpower planning, project budgets, and risk assessment and mitigation for a 20-person team that includes direct reports and subcontractors
- Responsible for leading a team of multi-disciplinary people within budget and scheduled constraints while meeting customer requirements
- Manage complex program planning, cost estimating, budgeting, financial tracking, resourcing, and monitoring of short-term and long-term project objectives
- Ensure the project is delivered on-time, within scope and budget. Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and completion of all tasks assigned under this project.
- Support identification of and response to business development opportunities
- Familiarity with Army accounting systems General Funds Enterprise Business System (GFEBS) and Logistics Modernization Program (LMP) is strongly desired
- Strong customer relationship and customer expectation management skills are a must.
- Keep leadership abreast of project execution, and any issues of potential impact to achievement of client requirements/deliverables, or requirements exceeding defined scope of work
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five (5) years of experience managing teams and complex projects is required
- Experience with Army programs is required
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Demonstrates ability to deliver excellence by taking personal accountability for achieving high quality outcomes. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments; and adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics – Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity; and upholds organizational values.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork – Is supportive of and collaborates effectively with co-workers to provide high quality outcomes in support of client requirements. Maintains high standards for professional conduct in dealing with co-workers and clients.
- Leadership – Leads by example, demonstrates strong ethics and integrity and displays drive and purpose; sets vision and strategy; effective at understanding and navigating organizational constructs; empowers others to self-organize; communicates effectively, often and openly; instills a sense of teamwork, creates a feeling of succeeding and failing together as a team; open to new ideas and approaches; encourages learning, supportive of trial and error; effectively manages change; possesses strong political skills – building and nurturing relationships; exercises prudence in decision making; and effective at conflict management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org