Location: Arlington, VA
Position: Cost Estimator
Security Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. Candidate must also successfully complete a Counter Intelligence polygraph test.
Purpose: Candidate will employ in-depth knowledge of cost management strategies, structures, and processes to provide analysis which informs multi-year resource objectives, priorities, and implications. The ideal candidate is able to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize complex data into comprehensive and accurate cost analysis of intelligence programs. Candidate must possess a strong financial and analytical skillset in order to provide mission focused support to the government client.
- Provides cost estimating support to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer in order to formulate and justify budgets in accordance with strategic plans, program objectives, and priorities.
- Performs complex analysis and estimating of direct, indirect, labor and non-labor cost requirements throughout the cost development phase to generate an independent cost estimate.
- Performs cost estimates to improve program efficiency and evaluate costs of multiple future program options.
- Develops written and graphic content (e.g., narratives, diagrams, and charts) for high-level products submitted to senior leaders.
- Facilitates internal understanding of analysis through comprehensive information sharing, and cross-team collaboration.
- Creates detailed and accurate cost models to ensure fiscal responsibility and maximize business outcomes.
- Prepares detailed, time-phased cost reports in order to decipher organizational impacts and inform senior leadership understanding and decision-making.
- Summarizes large amounts of manpower and funding data to create detailed and accurate cost models for cost estimating reports.
Skills & Qualifications: Demonstrated competency of financial analysis standards and practices. Possesses a comprehensive cost analysis skillset with a demonstrated ability to develop and shape data for senior leader understanding and action. A self-starter, capable of seamless work as an individual or in a team environment. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with a strong emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
Education & Experience: This position requires a bachelor s degree. Request qualified candidate meet the corresponding experience levels to their respective position
- Cost Estimator (mid-level): 4 to 8 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in cost analysis support (e.g., cost estimation, and cost model development).
- Cost Estimator (senior-level): more than 8 years of experience and established competency/expertise in cost analysis support (e.g., cost estimation, and cost model development).
TIME OFF AND HOLIDAYS
Full-time eligible employees accrue paid time off (PTO) at a rate of 20 days per year, with increases as your time with the company grows. We observe all 10 recognized federal holidays.
We offer a 3% safe harbor retirement contribution, regardless of whether you contribute individually to your 401(k), plus additional contributions based on company success.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage, and we pay a significant portion of the premiums.
Your personal commitments don t need to take a back seat to your professional ones. As your project allows, take advantage of flexible scheduling and regular telework.
Your career development doesn t stop on your hire date. We invest in you by offering access to professional development certifications, online training, and trade shows and seminars.
TRANSPORTATION AND CELL PHONE ALLOWANCE
We offer cell phone and transportation subsidies to our employees where eligible.
FUN, CREATIVE ENVIRONMENT
Our team of talented, inspired individuals care as much about what they do as who they do it with. Our monthly social outings and annual parties strengthen the creative and collaborative spirit throughout the entire company.
NEWLY RENOVATED, MODERN OFFICES
Our offices are newly renovated and feature ergonomic furniture, a collaborative work environment, and state-of-the-art conference rooms.
Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org