Same awesome course – fresh new title! Learn how to build authentication and user registration with Okta’s Identity Management / Security APIs using best practices and established workflows.
This course dives deep into Okta customization scenarios and APIs. You’ll apply your developer skills by building integrations from a web application to the Okta login and registration services, using the Okta SDK, Sign-In Widget, and REST APIs. Common business and technical use cases, troubleshooting, and best practices are discussed.
Participants will learn how to:
- Describe key Okta Customer Identity Use Cases + features.
- Use the Okta REST APIs to manage users, groups, applications, and configurations.
- Plan, design, and develop Sign-On and Registration pages using the Okta API and SDKs.
- Develop a sign-in page using the Okta Sign-in Widget and the Okta-hosted Sign-in Widget.
- Authenticate consumers with Social Authentication.
- Implement security controls, such as password, MFA, and Sign-in Policies.
- Incorporate best practices to maximize Okta API + SDK code.
- Leverage and contribute to the Okta Developer Community.
- Troubleshoot problems and work effectively with Okta support.
- Introduction to Customer Identity with Okta (on-demand)
- Understanding of REST integration concepts.
- Experience with C#, Java, or another object oriented programming language.
- Students use their own computers and must have a Microsoft Account
(sign up BEFORE class at https://signup.live.com).
- Okta provides access to an Okta tenant and virtual machine to complete labs.
- October 11-13, 2021 9a - 5p Virtual
October 11, 2021 - October 13, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 8-10, 2021 9a - 5p Virtual
November 8, 2021 - November 10, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm