Getting your users into Okta is the first step of your deployment. Explore migration options for you to accelerate deployment times and avoid losing critical data or causing business interruptions.
You will get hands-on practice with JIT provisioning, import wizards, and Okta REST APIs to migrate large amounts of data from existing identity data stores. Apply technology and process methodologies and proven best practices from the field. Dive deep into a migration case study based on real-world deployments. At the end of this course, you will be able to design a migration plan and choose and implement the appropriate migration option based on your migration goal and environment needs.
What’s the next step toward deployment success? Take the Okta Essentials course to get hands-on experience with full lifecycle management of your users, including access policies, groups, applications, and more.
In this course, participants will learn how to:
- Describe the advantages of migrating user data to Okta.
- Identify and plan a strategy to avoid potential migration issues.
- Explain the importance of user lifecycle management to the migration process.
- Describe user migration options and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Explain how credential migration can impact the migration method you choose.
- Select the appropriate migration method based on your business and technical requirements.
- Practice migrating user data to Okta using multiple methods, including JIT provisioning, import wizard, and Okta REST APIs.
- Practice using import wizard options like Active Directory, LDAP, CSV as a Directory, and app import.
- Troubleshoot migration problems.
- Design a migration plan that follows best practices from the field.
- Identity and Access Management with Okta: An Introduction (on-demand)
- Basic understanding of APIs
- Experience with automating administrative tasks (e.g. scripting)
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta tenant + virtual machine to complete the labs.
- October 11-12, 2021 9a - 5p Virtual
October 11, 2021 - October 12, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 8-9, 2021 9a - 5p Virtual
November 8, 2021 - November 9, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm