Inbound Federation: Using Okta as a Service Provider
Setting up federation with an existing identity service can take a tremendous amount of time and energy, especially at scale. In this course, you will learn how the Okta Identity Cloud is used to secure your connections with standards-based federation to any number of identity providers, and how it negotiates variety across implementations and manages trust.
You will learn how to link any set of applications with one username, one password, and one session to simplify the user experience. This course explores both B2B (SAML-based integrations) and B2C (Social Authentication) scenarios, and provides the architectural and hands-on knowledge you need to integrate your Okta tenants with multiple providers at the same time.
During this course, you learn to:
- Describe the Identity Providers integrations supported by Okta and when to use them.
- Integrate Okta with external SAML Identity Providers.
- Implement real-time user creation (Just in Time provisioning) during federation.
- Customize the Okta login to address scenarios with multiple identity providers (IdP discovery).
- Customize the Okta login with the Sign-In Widget.
- Integrate Okta with external Social Providers.
- Extend the Okta Sign-In Widget to provide login with Social Providers.
To be successful in this course, you should have:
- Experience with Okta Administration
- Basic understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta tenant + virtual machine to complete the labs.
- October 4-5, 2021 9a-5p Virtual
October 4, 2021 - October 5, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 1-2, 2021 9a-5p Virtual
November 1, 2021 - November 2, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm