Learn how to utilize Okta’s full suite of APIs to implement Customer Identity solutions on the Okta platform. You will build authentication, configure social authentication, user management operations such as registration and migration with Okta’s Identity APIs and Hooks, configure inbound federation to an Okta org with SAML, federate access to a custom application or site using OpenID Connect, secure API Access using OAuth, and automate lifecycle management with SCIM. Tools such as the Okta Sign-in Widget and both client-side and server-side SDKs will be applied to solve problems. Common business and technical use cases, established workflows, troubleshooting, and best practices are discussed.
Participants will learn how to:
- Describe key Okta Customer Identity Use Cases + features.
- Use the Okta REST APIs to manage users, groups, applications, and configurations.
- Plan, design, and develop Sign-On and Registration pages using the Okta API and SDKs.
- Implement security controls, such as password, MFA, and Sign-in Policies.
- Develop a sign-in page using the Okta Sign-in Widget and the Okta-hosted Sign-in Widget.
- Call custom logic with Hooks.
- Authenticate to Okta from External SAML IdPs, including Social Authentication.
- Take the use of OAuth, OpenID Connect (OIDC), and JSON Web Tokens (JWT) from theory to practice.
- Develop SSO to a custom application using Okta and OpenID Connect.
- Securely protect custom REST APIs with Okta API Access Management and OAuth.
- Define SCIM and when to use it.
- Troubleshoot problems.
To be successful in this course, you should have:
- Understanding of REST integration concepts.
- Experience with C#, Java, or another Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Language.
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta tenant + virtual machine to complete the labs.
- October 18-22, 2021 9a - 5p Virtual
October 18, 2021 - October 22, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 15-19, 2021 9a - 5p Virtual
November 15, 2021 - November 19, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm