Consultant Boot Camp for Workforce Identity
Learn how to implement Okta products in order to solve common customer use cases and modernize enterprise IT. Customers want to move to the cloud to decrease costs and increase agility and ROI. Legacy IAM solutions do not provide scalable, redundant, and easily configured applications.
First, you will review the various user integration and migration options at your disposal, where you will utilize Import Wizards, JIT Provisioning, Inbound Federation, CSV, SCIM, and APIs. You will also automate Okta Lifecycle Management events to reduce IT friction and decrease costs. Next you will configure applications that are currently available in the Okta Integration Network as well as custom application integrations, allowing an organization to centralize user management and provide insight to application and data usage by its users. Also learn to leverage the power of Universal Directory, where you will define a single source of truth with mastery for attribute data and Okta Lifecycle Management events, thus automating how data is downstreamed and users’ lifecycles are managed. We’ll address a core use case of setting up HR-Driven IT Provisioning.
With your Users, Groups, Apps integrated, attribute data being downstreamed, and Okta lifecycle events being automatically processed, you will next deploy the Okta Policy Framework. You will configure network zones and various framework policies to prevent data breaches and unmanaged devices from accessing Okta and integrated applications. Steps include deploying Adaptive Multi-factor Authentication and Contextual Security solutions to not only provide additional security layers on sensitive corporate data, but also to enable users to access data and applications securely and seamlessly. Finally, you will connect two Okta orgs together, to define a Hub and Spoke model, and learn how to use IdP discovery to route users to the correct IdP for access.
Participants will learn how to:
- Define user migration and integration options including Import Wizards, JIT Provisioning, Inbound Federation, CSV, SCIM, and APIs with focus on understanding their advantages and disadvantages.
- Learn how to extend your directory Integration in Okta with advanced features, such as integrating with multiple forest/domain scenarios, tweaking the AD Agent service configuration, deploying Desktop SSO, and reducing the On-prem dependencies by deploying the LDAP Interface.
- Configure applications for Single Sign-On and Okta Lifecycle Management using the Okta Integration Network, the Application Integration Wizard, and Templates.
- Customize user attribute relationships using Universal Directory for specific customer requirements.
- Understand profile mastery concepts and core use cases, such as HR-Driven IT Provisioning.
- Deploy the Okta policy framework to better secure a customer’s Okta org and applications by levering Adaptive Multi-factor Authentication and Contextual Security solutions.
- Integrate multiple Okta orgs via Org2Org integration to establish a Hub and Spoke model.
- Deploy IdP Discovery.
To be successful in this course, you should have completed:
- Integrate Okta with Active Directory-Mastered Users (on-demand)
- Identity and Access Management with Okta: An Introduction (on-demand)
- Registration in the Okta Partner ecosystem
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta org, software credentials, and virtual machines to complete lab activity.
- October 11-15, 2021 9a - 5p Virtual
October 11, 2021 - October 15, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 8-12, 2021 9a - 5p Virtual
November 8, 2021 - November 12, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm