Are you ready to move beyond Salesforce administration to unlock even greater capabilities through declarative programming? Learn Salesforce’s suite of click-not-code options for developing valuable apps and functionality over five days of guided scenarios, lectures, and discussion. Build your knowledge of app deployment, automation tools, security, UI customization, and more!
- Design and manage the correct data model based on business requirements.
- Configure application security.
- Define business logic and process automation.
- Design user interfaces.
- Customize applications for mobile use and Lightning Experience.
- Deploy applications.
Lessons and Topics
Building Your Data Model Declaratively
- Capabilities of Core CRM Objects
- Determining an Appropriate Data Model
- Relationship Types and Impact on Record Access, User Interface, and Reporting
- Considerations for Changing Field Types
- Considerations of the Schema Builder
- Considerations for Importing and Exporting Data
- Use Cases of External Objects
Crafting Your User Interface
- Customization Options
- Custom Buttons, Links, and Actions
- List Views
- Record Types
- Social Features
- UI Design Best Practices
Constructing Business Logic
- Formula Fields
- Roll-up Summary Fields
- Validation Rules
Maintaining Record and Data Security
- Restricting and Extending Object, Record, and Field Access
- Determining Appropriate Sharing Solutions
Automating Business Processes
- Lightning Process Builder
- Workflows and Approvals
- Automating Business Processes
- Ramifications of Field Updates and Potential for Recursion
Deploying Your App
- Application Lifecycle
- Change Sets
- Unmanaged and Managed Packages
- Determining an Appropriate Deployment Plan
Designing Advanced User Interface Components
- Creating Reports
- Report Types
- Declarative Options for Incorporating Lightning Components
- Declarative Customizations Available for the Salesforce Mobile App
Deciding When Declarative Isn’t Enough
- Limits of Declarative Tools
- Programmatic Use-cases
- AppExchange Apps
- October 4-8, 2021 9a - 5p Virtual
October 4, 2021 - October 8, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 1-5, 2021 9a - 5p Virtual
November 1, 2021 - November 5, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm