Okta Essentials is the foundational course that’s a must for System Administrators and anyone responsible for setting up Okta to help ensure implementation success.
Get hands-on experience creating and configuring users and applications and learn about best practices and troubleshooting techniques to help maximize your Okta investment.
Using your own computer, you’ll access a custom Okta training account and leading 3rd party software applications to practice key setup and configuration tasks.
Participants will learn how to:
- Integrate Okta into your organization for easy user access to applications and data.
- Identify the features and functions of Okta to maximize the value of your Okta investment.
- Create and configure user accounts within Okta for data access and administration.
- Integrate external directories to provide secure application access for all employees.
- Create and manage groups for efficient user and application association and provisioning.
- Configure applications for secure employee access to corporate data.
- Configure controls, such as password policies and multi-factor authentication, for increased data security.
- Customize Okta to match your company brand.
- Work through various errors to learn troubleshooting techniques.
- Monitor application usage and analyze authentication errors to quickly resolve employee or access issues.
- Identity and Access Management with Okta: An Introduction (on-demand)
- Introduction to Workforce Identity (on-demand)
- Basic familiarity with Active Directory
- Basic networking knowledge
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta org and a virtual machine to complete hands-on lab activities.
- Single Sign-On, Universal Directory, Adaptive Multi-factor Authentication, Lifecycle Management, Mobility Management
- October 4-6, 2021 9a-5p Virtual
October 4, 2021 - October 6, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 1-3, 2021 9a-5p Virtual
November 1, 2021 - November 3, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm