Automate Lifecycle Management with SCIM
Looking to integrate automated user provisioning into your applications? In this course developers learn to facilitate fast, enterprise-wide deployment of their application by integrating Okta or other IdP for user provisioning using the System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) standard.
You will learn about the SCIM standard and how to use it with Okta to automate user lifecycle management in your applications. Beginning with an architectural overview, we discuss common user mastering and provisioning scenarios, how to facilitate data mappings, and how to design data flows. You will also learn about SCIM supported group management operations to further streamline and automate user management. Through a series of hands-on labs, you will develop an end-to-end SCIM-compliant provisioning solution, using Okta as the identity management provider.
We will discuss common business and technical use cases, workflows, testing, troubleshooting, and best practices.
During this course, you learn to:
- Describe the SCIM standard HTTP operations and JSON payloads.
- Understand how Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) operations relate to provisioning activity.
- Incorporate best practices of user model design.
- Configure applications in Okta to support user lifecycle events.
- Design and develop a SCIM server to integrate with a SCIM-compliant identity provider such as Okta.
- Use Runscope to test and debug SCIM requests.
- Publish a SCIM-enabled application connector to the Okta Integration Network (OIN).
To be successful in this course, you should have:
- Understanding of REST integration concepts, such as HTTP and JSON.
- Experience with Java, Python, or another object oriented programming language.
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta tenant + virtual machine to complete the labs.
- October 8, 2021 9a-5p Virtual
October 8, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 12, 2021 9a-5p Virtual
November 12, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm